It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

greenw HB User
Not sure if these are menopause night sweats

I have had irregular periods for a couple of years now, though no sign of them ending, i am 46. Last night i woke at 1.30, didnt feel particularly hot but i was soaking wet. It was like there was a film of water over my body. My husband was a star and helped wipe me down as i was dripping, turned the duvet over as it was so wet and went back to sleep, woke again later and realised it had happened again, still no hot flash as such, if anything cold if i moved out of the warm sweat (not nice i know but best way to describe).

My breasts have been tender for a few days as they often are mid cycle.
The thing is, i got back from Turkey on Thurs night and later than evening i started bloating and then stomach pain spasms, These continued all day yesterday and this morning I have had a couple of mild ones.
to take the story further i think i have something in my foot, i have a swelling the size of a pea and very painful. My friend tried to get it out after soaking yesterday to no avail.

My dilemma is, do my sweats sound like menoapause night sweats, i have been expecting them due to how long my periods have been irregular.
Are they down to a tummy bug (though no toilet or nausea problems), or do i have a tic in my foot causing all problems.
I hate to cause a fuss by going to A and E but my doctors are closed now until Tuesday. I think if the night sweats sound right to any of you as menopausal i will wait until Tues and see how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
(female)

dawnb40 HB User
Re: Not sure if these are menopause night sweats

I wish I could help, but I have the same question. I am 47 and having some irregular bleeding between periods now. One month the period lasted 2 weeks, and it came 2 two weeks late. I don't think I've had hot flashes at night sometimes I wake up and the pillow under my neck and the sheets in other areas feel wet, not soaking just damp so I know I've been sweating in my sleep somewhat. My doctors ran tests and said my hormone levels were normal. She says I need a D&C and is recommending Novasure procedure to eliminate periods and between bleeding. Any comments? Thanks.

Closed Thread