It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

loujords HB User
Hi Im new, Is this perimenopause

Hi, I just wondered if anyone can tell me if my symptoms could be perimenopause.
My mum started hers at 38 yrs old. I am now 40 and have had night sweats for a few years and havent had a proper period since last October (had Implanon taken out then). I have had a red neck and chest since June and it burns inside. It does fade but never goes but then flares up and I feel like an inferno. Today at work I was roasting and everyone else was cold.

I have had blood tests done and it shown slightly low oestrogen, borderline cholesterol. It did also show my immune system/antibodies to be high which doc says indicates an allergy and has refered me to a dermatologist. Antihistamines dont work. I also have mild Rosacea and have had terrible skin recently but Im not sure if this is my hormones, rosacea or allergy. It is driving me mad.
Could the permanent red chest (looks a bit like sunburn), neck and hot face be the perimenopause. This 'rash' is flat, red and not itchy.
Thank you so much for any replies.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
(female)

emerrube HB User
Re: Hi Im new, Is this perimenopause

I'm not sure about the redness, but the rest of it are symptoms of peri-menopause. Yuck, right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

I also wondered about the heatwave occuring in my chest and upper back. When this happens it doesn't feel like a normal hot flash, I don't break out in a sweat or anything. It feels like i'm burning from the inside, like hot lava, and it starts in my chest and upper back and quickly travels up my neck, and my face feels like it's burning up! But when my husband feels my face he says it's not hot at all. So yea, I wonder if it is something to do with peri? Oh, I also get extremely red on my upper chest area, then after a bit it goes away, once I calm from the panic attack it just gave me. LOL! BTW I was just diagnosed in March with peri and PMDD on top of it. Nice huh?

Last edited by Foxxii; 09-01-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: put wrong month...

Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
(female)

loujords HB User

Thanks for replying.
Im back at the doctors next week so Im going to mention the possibility of peri. I feel like he thinks Im wasting his time, its so embarrassing but this rash is really getting me down, its the intense heat. Today my body felt cold but my neck and chest were burning. Its not an itchy bumpy rash, its flat and red.
I remember my mum asking me if she was red or sweating on her face but to me she just looked normal. What horrible things us women have to go through.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
(female)

emerrube HB User

I feel like that with any doctor I've been too. Hopefully you get it figured out. and yes, what horrible things us women have to go through.

Closed Thread