It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Unhappy Anyone experience palpitations and increased anxiety AFTER period?

Just wondering if I'm the only one who experiences horrible palpitations and increased anxiety right AFTER my period. I have suffered GAD and Panic Disorder since about 14 and have always had a hard time the week BEFORE my period, but since starting peri I noticed that I get extremely anxious, and have horrible palpitations the day after my period ends, and it usually lasts for a few days. When my doc told me I was starting peri, he also said I was suffering from PMDD too. Anyway I was wondering if this has something to do with hormone fluxuation, and if this is normal? I'm concerned because the first thing that happens is the palpitations, my heart will race and pound like crazy, like 120-130 BPM, then that sends me into a panic attack. Please tell me i'm not alone in this....... My doc told me I have a double whammy with already having GAD and Panic because peri makes anxiety worse...*UGH* I'm feeling it, believe me!

The following user gives a hug of support to Foxxii:
LSF (11-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
Re: Anyone experience palpitations and increased anxiety AFTER period?

Nope. You are not alone. But I have the palpitations the week before my period, but I am sure it's the same deal: Fluctuating hormones. The real problem I have is the palps & heart fluttering can last up to three hours and then I am exhausted from it. I started taking 400 mg of Magnesium and a natural supplement called Menersa. These two things have helped, but I still get the palps now and then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
(female)

ravensfan52 HB User

No you are not alone. I sit here as write this and am having hp's. One thing I do notice is that there are different definitions of hp's. Mine is like my heart is skipping a beat. it use to happen before my period, but here lately it is afterward. I got my period on oct 19 and have been having hp's everyday since then. tried magnesium today, dont think i have the right kind. also tried acv it kinda works, but this is driving me crazy. Gonna call my doc in the morning. O and i am taking metoprolol 100mg daily and still having hp's . this is the worst i think they have been and it is very disrupting... :-(

Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
(female)

misstlynn HB User

Yes, this is me to a tee. I have horrible anxiety now after my period. Heartbeat skips and racing too, jaw clenching, dizzy,panic attacks and feel like I am going crazy! It's loads of fun. I too have had anxiety since I was 13. Started with puberty. Hopefully it ends with menopause!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstlynn View Post
Yes, this is me to a tee. I have horrible anxiety now after my period. Heartbeat skips and racing too, jaw clenching, dizzy,panic attacks and feel like I am going crazy! It's loads of fun. I too have had anxiety since I was 13. Started with puberty. Hopefully it ends with menopause!

I'll tell you what, when both, my gyno, and my primary doc told me that my anxiety and panic were going to get worse, I thought to myself "how much worse can it get, i don't think it can get any worse?" But OMG were they ever right! I've never had such extreme anxiety/panic in all of my life! Now it's to the point that I get it before, during, and after my period! I only have like one good week out of the month! I'm praying for the same thing as you, hopefully this WILL end finally with menopause! I don't know how much more I can take. On the flip side, I am however relieved to hear that other people are experiencing the same thing, that way I know i'm not going nuts! Thanks to all of you for your replies, and may God help us all! Fox

Old 11-02-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
(female)

LSF HB UserLSF HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxii View Post
Just wondering if I'm the only one who experiences horrible palpitations and increased anxiety right AFTER my period. I have suffered GAD and Panic Disorder since about 14 and have always had a hard time the week BEFORE my period, but since starting peri I noticed that I get extremely anxious, and have horrible palpitations the day after my period ends, and it usually lasts for a few days. When my doc told me I was starting peri, he also said I was suffering from PMDD too. Anyway I was wondering if this has something to do with hormone fluxuation, and if this is normal? I'm concerned because the first thing that happens is the palpitations, my heart will race and pound like crazy, like 120-130 BPM, then that sends me into a panic attack. Please tell me i'm not alone in this....... My doc told me I have a double whammy with already having GAD and Panic because peri makes anxiety worse...*UGH* I'm feeling it, believe me!
Yes - I have the same problem - the palpitations are not as disciplined as yours and seem to be with me all the time (except when I am asleep) and sometimes ease when my period starts. I had a 24 hour heart monitor but of course I had no palpitations when I was wearing it and it didn't reveal any problems. I also suffer from unexplained anxiety which doesn't seem to be related to anything tangible. I've had all this since June but it has been less intense lately but always seems worse when I am under pressure and stressed. I wish I could offer you a magic solution but I haven't found one. I have recently reintroduced natural progresterone cream but the palpitations eased before I started using it. Hang on in there - deep breathing helps and the usual relaxation exercises and meditation. I hope you feel more comfortable soon.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-15-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Closed Thread