It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #1
(female)

JudeNZ HB UserJudeNZ HB User
Slight spotting 4 years since last period - vaginal atrophy?

I'm 58 next month, and had my last period 4 years ago. This last week I've had three incidences of very minor 'spotting'. One was brownish, and a small amount. The second was size of a pin head. Today I had some mucous with a light pink tinge, (small amount once again). This is not bleeding, and miniscule, but present, so has me worrying. My mother had cervical cancer, so needless to say anxiety with a touch of panic has kicked in.
I fear going to the toilet for what I might discover. I am going to the Dr on Monday, and I am well aware of what spotting after menopause can mean, so I don't need others to add to my panic.
I would love to hear from anyone who has had this and all has been well.

Two and a half years ago I had some major vaginal problems, itching, burning, stinging, and also stung when I passed urine. Sex is out of the question as it hurts too much. Finally my doctor felt I was suffering from vaginal atrophy. I also have traces of blood in my urine. Anyone else have vaginal atrophy and had this spotting?

Funnily enough my flushes have started up again over the last few weeks, and I even had my libido return, (it's disappeared since I sawe the spotting!) and wondered if this is part of the problem. I've also had some soreness around the inner labia. It's such an embarrassing situation to talk about to others, thank goodness for this board, and other wonderful women.

My Dr will be busy when I go, as I'm also now having some urinary problems, with night time frequency, and also a slower flow during the night, I also sometimes go then feel as if I need to go again.

And they said it was wonderful when you go through menopause.............

Hope someone can help me.

Jude

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Slight spotting 4 years since last period - vaginal atrophy?

Jude I have not experienced what you are, but I just wonder if you may have a slight urinary tract infection. That could account for the teeny amount of bleeding. I think you definitely have to get over to the doctor so that he can assure you that all is well. Sorry for your worry, and that I have nothing more to offer than my support.

Regards, Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
JudeNZ (09-15-2011)
Old 09-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
(female)

Thanks Sue for taking the time to reply. Pretty sure no uti, am hoping atrophy may be the culprit. No spotting today so that's good, and will see my Dr on Monday. Probably have a smear, and then wait and see. Menopause is full of surprises isn't it, and not all good ones

Jude

Old 09-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

Please let me know how it goes tomorrow, okay? Be sure to ask lots of questions to put your mind at ease..

blessings, Sue

Old 09-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
(female)

Hi Sue,

Aren't you lovely. Wouldn;t you know it my doctor is sick today and i didn't see any point discussing it with a locum. I've rescheduled for Friday though. However I'm feeling a lot better about it now as no more spotting, and I suspect it was just one of those things. Ended up with neuralgia over weekend, and I think my body is suffering from lack of sleep and needs a holiday. I'll certainly keep you informed.

Judi

Old 09-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well I have my eye on you now, Judi, so I hope that by Friday you will still go to the doctor, but I am so glad that you're not spotting anymore, that is very encouraging.

Sue

The following user gives a hug of support to slenderella:
JudeNZ (09-18-2011)
Old 09-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

I'm postmenopausal and I have had episodes of spotting and bleeding ..I always have it checked out and it proved to be all okay..have had intrauterine biopsies and they can acutally look at the uterus in 3D now and see the inside and everything was fine and the biopsy was also..have had this done 3 times over the years..but its always good to have it checked out..
let us know how it goes friday..

The Following User Says Thank You to jw90 For This Useful Post:
vicmarie (09-03-2012)
Old 09-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
(female)

Thanks for your reply as it makes me feel better that these things can happen and it doesn't mean the worse. Spotting has stopped for now so that's a good thing. Trouble for so many of us is we suffer from anxiety after having had so many weird and wonderful symptoms and complaints.

I will let you know, but will be next week, as we're heading to the beach directly after dr's appointment for a few days to wind down and get some relaxation time.

Jude

Closed Thread