It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Perimenopause and Stomach problems

i am going through menopause and have constant stomach problems. I have burning pain, bloating, gas in the abdomen.has anyone gone through this and what seems to be working for you. i am planning another trip to the doctor.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
Re: Perimenopause and Stomach problems

Sorry to hear that!

I too have stomach problems. I used to have a stomach of steel. The older I get now the worse it gets. I have acid reflux and a hiatal hernia so I have to be careful what I eat.

Stomach problems and bloating are very common with this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #3
(female)

emerrube HB User

ditto. I have a lot of stomach issues. I get "D" a lot and the bloating! Ugh. Lately I've been experiencing more heart burn.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
(female)

Cindy89 HB User

Willow
Thanks for replying . I too used to have avery strong stomach. Now i have to be careful of what i put in my mouth. I also have gerd going on at the same time.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Hi, girls!

Try taking some probiotics. They've really helped with my bloating/indigestion issues. I just take one a day on a empty stomach, a half hour before breakfast and they work like a charm. I used to always feel bloated and get stomach aches after every meal. Since taking these, though, I feel much better. It takes about a week for them to kick in but boy is it worth it. I've even got the hubby taking them and he says 'no more bloating now'.

Last edited by kittywitty; 09-19-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #6
(female)

Lisajp HB User

Hi,
I get these burning, gassy stomach, IBS type symptoms, it all started for me after taking some ibuprofen about 6weeks ago, but have had the symptoms at other times too, getting worse now hot flushes and irregular periods have become the norm.
I am on some tablets from the doctor to help my stomach, and they have helped, but still have bouts when i eat something and then within half an hour the stomach feels like a volcano and I have to go to the loo, but other times it is calm and ok, so not sure what is going on. I take probiotics, and am just about to start trying aloe vera gel and silicol gel to see if it can sort my tummy out. I also feel very jittery/anxious which doesn't help, and every little health problem worries me, thinking all sorts of awful things are wrong....and then I get bad tempered cos I'm worried. I dont have any stomach problems during sleep, but when I wake up it starts with a burning empty feeling and anxiety creeps in. This is just awful I hope it doesn't go on too long....any one else feel like this? have these symptoms?

Lisa x

Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
(female)

tinker1112 HB User

Yes, yes. thank you for using the word 'burning'. My stomach problems started a few years ago and just get a little worse every year so that now I have that burning problem every day. Had every test, told 'just irritable bowel syndrome' and i want to say Just? Obviously you don't have it. How I'd love to have a day without stomach pain. I journal and that does help my anxiety some. I look back and see "oh, I've had this before." "yes, this too". I know this will pass, cycle thru to something else so it tames me a little. But nothing has helped my stomach settle down for good to the old days when I never noticed it. Tried every diet, every pill, had every test. My stomach hurts today. Maybe tomorrow it won't.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
(female)

emerrube HB User

tinker, I got labeled under IBS too, and I'm convinced it's not. I personally think it's hormones. I forgot KittyWitty mentioned probiotics. I should try those. Hope I don't forget this time. ha, ha.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
(female)

Cindy89 HB User

Still here with my burning stomach. No end in sight. Last night was terrible.It messed up my sleep. I bought the biggest probiotics bottle, been taking one first thing in the morning. it did not help me one bit. I am going to try aloe vera juice, if it doesn't work next I will try aple cider vinegar. Iam sitting here feeling the burn but mine is worst at night.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
(female)

Lisajp HB User

Mine has been a whole lot better recently, diagnosed with IBS if I have aflare up I use buscopan which really helps, but I also find Slippery Elm capsules work well to coat and soothe the digestive tract

Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
(female)

tinker1112 HB User

My daughter pointed out that she seems to feel I am worst about one week out of every month. Hmmm. I think IBS, arthritis, etc are exacerbated by menopause. My gastroentrologist said 50% of his new patients are women in menopause.

One year five months since my last period.

Closed Thread