It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

shellelynn HB User
Looking at BHRT / Wiley Protocol - Need advice!

So, I'm 40 and have wildly heavy, long 2x/month periods for the past 2.5 years plus LOTS of heavy hair loss, vaginal dryness, fatigue, etc. etc. I've been working with ob/gyns the last two years trying different birth control pills to help with only mild improvements. Periods aren't so heavy but often 2x/month and hair thinning and coming out like CRAZY every couple of months, and other people are noticing. I'm now seeing an internist I used to see for my thyroid (yep, I have a long-term case of SERIOUS thyroid issues too complicating the issue). The internist now specializes in hormone balancing using the Wiley Protocol.

Can anyone who has used Wiley Protocol for an extended period share their results?

Are other BHRT treatments better options than WP (I very much worry about the high doses, cost, and lack of scientific evidence of WP.)

Who is the best "type" of doctor for prescribing BHRT? A general dr., ob/gyn, internal medicine dr., endocrinologist, other?? I really don't know!

Any advice here would be so helpful! I'm giving up on my ob/gyn to get me any real results and not sure who else to consider. I've already had my first bloodwork done with the internist and have an appt for discussing WP more in depth.

Thanks for any help!!

Old 09-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Looking at BHRT / Wiley Protocol - Need advice!

You know, if I were you, I'd at least take one pass by an endocrinologist - for peace of mind, if nothing else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
(female)

shellelynn HB User
Re: Looking at BHRT / Wiley Protocol - Need advice!

Thanks! Unfortunately, I have had HORRIBLE luck with endocrinologists for my thyroid. I'm on my 4th doctor, he's an hour away (the only endo in my city is awful), and he doesn't care a lick about other symptoms I have (hair loss, period problems) - just how my thyroid and pituitary levels are. If anyone has any GREAT NorCal endos to recommend, I'd love it! I used to see Dr. Becker in SF who was great, but he doesn't take insurance, and after my divorce, I could no longer afford the $700 office visits and 4 hour drives to see him.

Closed Thread