It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

jansonlygirl HB Userjansonlygirl HB User
Unhappy Do You Have These Symptoms?

Hi Ladies, I am almost at the end of my rope with peri. I need to know I am not alone in some of the feelings I am having. I have been in peri for 4 years now, I am currently 50 years old. I am going to list my symptoms and please give me feedback if you can relate.

SEVERE anxiety
No energy
Lots of crying
Hopelessness
Health anxiety
Feeling outside of your self
Trouble finding words
Weight gain
Bloating, sore breasts
Aching joints (severe back pain, worse with period)

I think the anxiety is going to kill me, it is relentless even with Prozac and Valium, it is worse in the morning and subsides later in the day, but it is with me everyday I feel like I have lost the old me, I used to have tons of energy, shopping, cooking, part time work, cleaning, now I have a hard time just getting to the store and putting the stuff away, I am usually exhausted after and my back feels like it is about to break. I have bad SI joints and have had some treatment but it is still super painful.

I have friends and doctors tell me this won't last forever and I will feel good again, I don't know about that....
I always force myself to get out and do things with my daughter and her baby, lucky for me they live very close and I can see them everyday, but I don't think any of my family really understands my anquish dealing with this time in my life.

It also can be so deceiving...I can feel like myself for 4 days and then suddenly I am incapacitated by one or more of these symptoms, I get so dicouraged.

I have had much change in my periods, they are off by a few days, very very heavy, lots of cramps and last 10 days. Hot flashes come and go all the time, lots of bloating, and weight gain in my hips and tummy without changing my diet

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, if you can offer any support it would be much appreciated.

Jen

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: jansonlygirl
aussiejenni (10-16-2011), Czechmom (09-29-2011), dsbush1965 (10-23-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jansonlygirl For This Useful Post:
aussiejenni (10-16-2011), W1kk3d (10-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

Czechmom HB User
Re: Do You Have These Symptoms?

Hi Jen, I can so relate! I am 50 and since last year my anxiety is really bothering me. I don´t take any medication for it, some days are better then others, but sometimes I feel just like crying . I am also tired very offen, have no energy for things I used to do before.
Health anxiety , bloating, aching joints - yes, I have those symptoms too. Count to that that I am scared of doctors - and you get the picture opf my life
I hope it will get better with time! Hang on!

The Following User Says Thank You to Czechmom For This Useful Post:
jansonlygirl (09-29-2011)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
(female)

dcs316 HB Userdcs316 HB User

Hi Jen,
I can SO relate to your symptoms! Every one of them. I agree the anxiety is the absolute worst one. I already had it to some degree before peri and it became just so much worse since peri started -- for me a few years ago. The bloating and weight gain also stink especially since I am an avid workout person. I feel like it's all for nothing anymore since my weight continues to go up and my middle gets thicker. And just recently I've gotten really bad about just not having the energy or the motivation to want to do things as much as I used to. Like you, I used to go shopping, etc. all the time. Now I just 'don't feel like it' more and more often. And that is just not me. Not the old me anyway. I hate it. I really, really hate it. I hate the way I look. I hate the way I feel. But it can't go on forever, right? Lots of women have made it through. So I remain hopeful that it will get better. But there are days........
Take care. Diane

Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
(female)

Lisajp HB User

Hi Jen,
I'm new here, this is my first posting, I am currently almost 47 and am suffering various symptoms especially all the ones on your list!!! the anxiety is really plagueing me big time, I fell ok in my head but I feel so jittery in my stomach and kinda shaky just not right and it make me worry. I have bouts of rushing to the loo after eating sometimes and other times all is calm, I have days of bad rumbly tummy (gas) and general feeling of upset digestion. It drives me crazy and as it makes me worry it make the anxiety wors and the anxiety makes me bad temered....nightmare! surely there must be something to help us through this.
By the way I am still having periods, but never sure how long between them have had 3 weeks through to 6 weeks, so it comes when it comes.
I am currently on some antacied tablets from the Dr as tummy was soo bad for 3 weeks after taking some ibuprofen, but still not right, now worried I may have an ulcer or cancer...totally out of my head with bad thoughts.

Lisa

Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
(female)

jansonlygirl HB Userjansonlygirl HB User

Thanks Czechmom, Diane, and welcome Lisa!
I appreciate your feedback so much, as usual we can all relate to this change in ourselves, as hard as it is..
I have found recently that cutting a lot of the carbs from my diet has helped with the bloating and even feel like I have lost a few pounds, I know all the carbs were a big part of my weight gain, and lack of exercize due to the anxiety holding me back from a simple walk!! I also wake up with an anxiety tummy everday Lisa, it is awful, I try to just tell myself this is going to pass..I have had an ulcer act up for weeks and then BOOM it's gone for months..go figure?? Czechmom i know the anxiety of leaving the house, that was with me for 2 years, I didn't go too far from my home and backyard, I finally went to a doc and went on some meds for relief, it helped but I still struggle daily, but you should go if you can, it is always worse in your mind than it turns out to be, I promise! it might be a huge weight off of your shoulders to talk to someone that can help. I also had a fair amount of anxiety Diane just kind of a general uneasy feeling which has now been replaced with total fear of the dumbest things! especially my health, surely this is more than peri right, I must be dying...lol, funny but not I guess all we can do is take this one minute, hour, day at a time..
Hugs to all of you with an understanding pat on the back, take care ladies,
Jen

Old 10-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #6
(female)

momof6300 HB User

I, too, have all of those symptoms. I just turned 50 and, at times, I feel like I am 150. Hot flashes finally got to me when I was at my niece's bridal shower and started pouring sweat on my face. THat, along with the fact that I was getting a whole 2 hours of sleep every night, forced me to go to my gyno to discuss my options. Just yesterday, I was prescribed a low dose of prempro. I did my research on these and decided I would give them a try. I am at the end of the rope, and nothing else worked, so I will try them for a few months. My dr. told me that judging by my blood test results I'm about half way through. Can't wait til its over!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Yep. I am right there with you and everyone else. I just spent most of the morning talking myself out of an anxiety attack and then had the pounding heart for another 45 minutes afterwards. I have Ativan but was able to "talk myself off the ledge" this time without having to take one.
I just love all this crap. Hang in there ladies, one day we will be over the rainbow!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #8
(female)

Tikitoez HB User

Have you had your thyroid check lately? It can sometimes change with menapause also have you tried HRT? Seems that might help you...

Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Laye HB UserLaye HB UserLaye HB User

Oh yeah..I can relate so much. I got my period in August..the end of August. Did not have one in September..got one at the beginning of this month. Now..I have all the massive tell tale signs of another one. The anxiety has been the worst..the gaining weight in my mid section despite not eating as much. The back pain..the aching joints..and the unwillingness to do anything. It's been hell...pure hell for the past 4 or 5 years.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
(female)

aussiejenni HB User

I too am 50 years of age and I have many of your symptoms, however I have had thyroid issues as well and I would urge you to have a thyroid function check, it is a simple blood test. It is an uphill battle all of this that is for sure. Thankyou for your post. Some days I feel totally alone.

Take care

Aussiejenni

Closed Thread