It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

Foxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB UserFoxxii HB User
Anyone taking Lexapro, or have taken Lexapro for peri?

I am thinking of trying Lexapro for my symptoms of peri. I was diagnosed with GAD and Panic Disorder 25 years ago. (I was 14). Soooo....to make a long story short, the peri has made these 10X worse for me now. I'm having panic attacks every day, that always start with palpitations and extreme hot flashes. I am currently taking xanax .5 mg 2-3 times a day. I would like to try something that I only have to take once a day. I took Zoloft on and off for about 10 years, but this last attempt was HORRIBLE. I took it for 2 weeks and had to stop. Is anyone taking Lexapro now, or have taken it for this in the past? If so, please tell me what your experience is/was. Thanks in advance, Fox

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
Re: Anyone taking Lexapro, or have taken Lexapro for peri?

Hi
I did not take lexapro but took celexa and that is a older version of lexapro..I stopped taking it because it did not seem to help and for me i did not like the side effects..This is my own personal opinion I think all benzos are the best medicines for anxiety..I use clonazpam at night to sleep and keep a couple of them with me and if I do have anxiety
I take one ...and for me that works I know doctors don't want you to use them because they are additive ..but I just don't care if it works so what.and it one of the cheapest meds you can buy..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

Linden1 HB User
Re: Anyone taking Lexapro, or have taken Lexapro for peri?

I took lexapro for two years and I have to say it did lessen the effects of menopause. However, if I had it to do over I would not have taken it or I would have taken a smaller dose (I took 20mg a day) because at the end of the two years I realized that I had no emotions at all.....nothing! I had thought I was okay but a situation presented itself and I should have had a reaction to it but instead was very apathetic...at that moment I stopped taking it (yes I know you aren't supposed to) and it took about a year before I had my self back.

Last edited by Linden1; 11-10-2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Closed Thread