It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
(female)

sheenameena HB User
All these crazy symptoms

Hi thank god for this board i thought that i was the only one with all these crazy symptoms. Over a two year period i have developed denerative disc desease, uterine fibroids,hiatus hernia peptic ulcer. before this i was fine i get alot of buzzing in legs have had for five months,worse in the beginning but mild now, i also get internal shaking,palps dry skin dry down below no labido, anxiety and weird head symptoms i'm just so fed up just been given everol conti patches today i am a bit scared. You are not alone it will pass but don't know when just hope soon according to my gp for me so far it's been three years please try to think positive and have you iron checked that could cause the leg buzzing well in my case it was. Been taking iron tabs for nearly two months now but have to take for four months. Please take care and don't worry thats what makes it worse hope you feel better. Plus i get weird morning symptoms kind od weird rushes and surges i just hate that just leaves me feeling anxous for the rest of the day. My drs sometimes give me blank looks i don't understand why the do not know much about this demon called perimenopause tell you what my mum never prepared me for this for the last year i thought i was dying from some illness that would not show up in any of the test.thank you.

Last edited by sheenameena; 12-31-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: spellings

Old 12-31-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: need help ladies, please

Welcome to the boards Sheena, you can join the rest of us in the perimenopause and menopause board. You can be assured that you aren't alone with the way you are feeling. I know I have felt on and off like Im dying with ALL of these crazy symptoms. It's so nice to come here and find a comforting listening ear. We are here to talk to anytme. Hang in there!

The following user gives a hug of support to TEdds83:
sheenameena (01-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi Sheena,

Also, welcome to the boards! So glad you found them. The boards saved me about 2 years ago because I too thought that I had some dreaded disease and the anxiety was unbearable. What I did find out through these boards is that alot of us have the exact same symptoms and that is what made me feel sooooo much better. I wasn't alone, I wasn't going crazy and it was all just this dreaded peri/meno. Why doctors aren't informed about these symptoms is just beyond belief. They do look at us like we are nuts!!!

Hang in there and know you are not alone during this rough time in our lives.

Missy

Last edited by missy222; 12-31-2010 at 08:18 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to missy222 For This Useful Post:
jansonlygirl (12-31-2010)
Old 01-01-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
(female)

sheenameena HB User

Hi you all i'm currently taking propranolol 8omg,thyroxine 125mg, folic acid 5mg, lanzoprozol 30mg ferrous sulphate 200mg,and dosulepin 25mg which is an anti dreppresant i take to help me sleep. My body has losts its calm its always vibrating twitching and buzzing cant remember when was the last time everything was calm but i still try to remain sain i just feel that i'm on the edge of panic just about to fall into full panic but my hope that this will end keeps me from falling over, thankyou for support and help i know that i am not alone. just keep going and we will get there hopefully. God bless you all.

Last edited by sheenameena; 01-01-2011 at 10:13 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sheenameena For This Useful Post:
sjb (01-01-2011)
Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi it seems that most drugs used for anti-depression or other mental effects also cause tremors or other involutary body movement problems. Sometimes these effects don't leave and in my opinion should not have been used at all.

Last edited by sjb; 01-01-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
(female)

sheenameena HB User

ye i know thats why i'm only taken only 25mg instead of 75mg what my drs gave me im so weary regarding the side effects i would love to stop all these meds and plan to do so but at this in time point i'm going through the thick of perimenopause. This anti drepprssant i'm on is really good i had no side effects with them and have been on them since march 2010.
I take the beta blockers because of the palps and as for the hrt patches i don't know weather to start them or not what if they make things worse then again they might make me feel better i'm so confused. I don't know well at the moment i'm not due for another week yet my periods are all funny one month they come after 25 days then the next 38 days i just want all this to be over.

Last edited by sheenameena; 01-14-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
(female)

happilymarried HB User

dearest, i thought I was going insane. the vibrations that led to the ticking muscles was so frightening. I am taking Buspirone for my anxiety and ativan to sleep. the buspirone is new and not in the SSRI family. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor examples are zoloft,paxil,celexa,lexapro. those have so many side effects. It seems that for me(we are all different) the buspirone has hust teeny side effects. a tummy ache for the first few weeks,. tums took care of that. and about 2 or 3 minutes of dizzy when i took it.. I take it at 10am and 10 at night. my brain feels clear and better focused than before. the fog has lifted and the compulsive worries from the vibrations are gone. I still have some symptoms, but I don't worry as I used to! lol. hope this helps.

The following user gives a hug of support to happilymarried:
sheenameena (01-14-2011)
Old 01-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
(female)

sheenameena HB User

hello happily married thankyou for you reply. Just been to see physiotheripist regarding my back and my mri results got some good news that none of my nerves are effected by this ddd that i have in my back so that leaves me with no answers for the constant buzzing i have in my legs. I've started getting some buzzing in my left breast today and had the worst day ever feeling really tired and feeling full in the head feeling just weird just reminded how i felt during the first two months of pregancy. I just hate it my heart beats harder and i have weird surges,rushes going through my body i'm totally fed up. I was given everol conti patches which i started today just afraid of the side effects one being panic attacks i did decide before that i will not take hrt but have given in my life is going great got a good teaching assistant job i'm doing my nvq level 2 in childcare learning and development and kids are great but my health is not right. Doctors say that i have nothing that most people don't have like backpain, thyroid issues must say is under control anemia for which i've been on iron for two months and still have to take for three months hiatus hernia, uterine fibroids and low calcium but none should cause buzzing other than low ferriton levels but the iron should have fixed that but has not as yet . I wonder if the dosulepin 25mg that i take at night could be causing it have been on them since march last year so that only leaves hormonal causes just want this buzzing to stop got rid of the anxiety but still this buzzing i feel like being plugged into a socket it's driving me nuts what to do i just want my calm to return when will it how much more please god no more. Sorry i feel i have to let out at this very minute i feel like a kettle boiling except it's not hot if you know what i mean. Any help anyone who has been and gone through this perimenopause crap and come out the other side please share i would greatly appreiciate thank you.

Last edited by sheenameena; 01-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
(female)

sheenameena HB User

hello happilymarried just wanted to know how long did it take for your buzzing symptoms to go as i'm thing of asking my doc for the same. Plus wanted to know did you have any burning mouth symptoms or burning inner cheek i do but docs can't figure it out ANYONE out there please.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
(female)

happilymarried HB User

it took at least 2 weeks for the big vibrations to go away. they were massive. my whole body was vibrating, head to toe. then it went to just my legs, then my head and an arm. now it is just so mild I hardly feel it. I would jump on these meds again. I am sorry i did not do it sooner. the constant fears associated with no knowing what the hoot it is are all gone. once in a while, I will twitch and feel concern. but no panic. good luck. know that busppirone is a new medication. but I was so desperate, I did not care.

The following user gives a hug of support to happilymarried:
sheenameena (01-14-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to happilymarried For This Useful Post:
sheenameena (01-14-2011)
Old 01-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
(female)

sheenameena HB User

Thankyou very much happilymarried this has given me hope i will go see my doc and ask for bispirone and wish that it works for me. Lets pray.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #12
(female)

sheenameena HB User
Smile Re: need help ladies, please

hi everyone just thought that i should post all that is happening to my body at this poinnt. Since last post i have a set of new symptoms which my dr cannot explain had all blood works done all are fine. The symptoms are internal buzzing which has travelled all the way from my legs to my chest a sort of sizzle frizzle sensation that lasts allday my teeth are sensative and my gums hurt upon eating. My face becomes pinky reddish for hours without sweating and my face hace become really coarse and dry. My scalp or something crackles like snap crackle and pop everyday worse when lying on pillow . Spoke to my gp who says according to my tests he cant find any cause i feel like crap today like a buzzing zombie i hate this. The meds i take at this point are propanolol 80mgs and thyroxine 125mg lanzoprozol 30mg and folic acid. My dr still does not say anything about perimenopause although i was given evorol sequi patches which i used for two weeks was fine until started on the combi patch started having panic attacks had to come of will thi end just need reasurrance. Somedays are good but have alot of bad days which are effecting my work and studies. Are there any post menopausal women who had all these symptoms how are they now please post thank you.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #13
(female)

sheenameena HB User
Wink Re: need help ladies, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi Are any medicines being taken?
hello sjb it's been a while since i last posted been off all meds for two months now and feel crap although the buzzing is almost gone just have it mildly occasional in my feet. At this moment i only take thyroid meds and vitamin d caps which i have to take once a week. Got a new symptom that has been occurring everymorning upon stirring awake is upper body tightening much like labour contraction without pain this makes my arms tense and my head feels full and my vision goes funny. I explained to my doc he says this is just anxiety that is triggerd by something inside my body he finally says that i may be peri due to the fact that this month my period lasted only one day the next day just had a couple of drops he wants to put me on prozac for my mood swings which i cannot explain one day i just feel emotional and want to and do cry with no reason the next day just anxuos just fed up my hair is falling out loads have lots of clicking in the joints and my neck crackles my symptoms are maiinly on my leftside the docs say that they have done all test and cannot explain what is happening i just wanted to know how many other women have gone or going through this horrible thing.Thank you.

Closed Thread