It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
(female)

Menomum HB User
post menopausal?

Hi, first time here and find these blogs very interesting.

I'm 45 and I've been period free for 14 months now.. and this week I start spotting!
Anyone got any idea's? Waiting to hear back from my doc.
Also been reading on these boards, calf pain, stiff as an old board every morning. Hot flashes and night sweats have subsided due I think to me taking a magnesium supplement. Weight gain and trying to lose weight is hard and no real motivation but still trying.
Mood swings...ugh i feel like a two year old having a temper tantrum! But i always say sorry....usually dh that gets the brunt.
Feeling really blue today with this spotting and hoping it's nothing, but paranoia kicks in fast these days!

Hope you can help. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Menomum; 10-20-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: post menopausal?

As long as you have your ovaries, it is possible to still have bleeding.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Menomum (10-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

Wizard HB User

I am 11 months into menopause....one more month and I'm official. I saw my doctor yesterday and he said that after I hit the 12 month, I should see him if I have any bleeding at all.

Definitely check with your doctor.

I love being period free but all the other issues that come with menopause are not picnic.

The following user gives a hug of support to Wizard:
Menomum (10-24-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
(female)

Menomum HB User

emailed doc and waiting back to hear from her.......

Thanks for the input. with confusing as to that really is post meno.....i just know it's making me metal meno at the mo!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
(female)

Menomum HB User

Just now had a full TOM.......emailed my doc and she thinks its an estrogen surge and was told to let her know if it becomes a period. Which it did....now my question to her was am I still post menopausal or do I start counting all over again? Only if it becomes a regular cycle am i to start over again so, praying that TOM doesn't visit next month.
This is the most confusing time of my life.....so much info and yes i know we are all different but info on menopause seems to indicate that after 12 months period free u are on the home straight. Please be aware that this is not the case. Like a few people on here have indicated 12 months is not the cut off mark. Don't be disappointed like me ladies. Emotionally this has been the hardest weekend of my life.....

Menomum......FAKE?

Last edited by mod85; 10-24-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Closed Thread