It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
(female)

FaithFocus HB User
sick of it all

I never thought it would be like this. Everyone always talks about hot flashes, sleepless nights & drying up. I never have had a hot flash, but don't consider me lucky. The anxiety is horrible of perimenopause. So tired of heart pounding, racing heart, breathlessness, chest pain and trying to remind myself that all the reports say healthy heart. Thankgoodness, but still.... So tired of being over 56 and constantly buying tampons & pads. I thought it was getting old having regular periods, but now I just continually bleed. My gyno dr started me on bio identical HRT cream months ago & I am sick of that too. They keep increasing the percent to relieve the symptoms, but its like my body gets used to them and it all starts up again. Bleeding for 28 days straight, a short break and now back at it again. YUCK. Also, extreme headaches, awful TMJ symptoms, dizzy, mostly from clenching my jaw or grinding my teeth from the stress of it all. I see no end to all this madness. No one understands or seems to care either. I just want to feel normal again.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User
Re: sick of it all

I understand where you are coming from. I had a lot of bleeding too at one time and it really scared me. I went to my OBGYN and they did a DNC on me and it really helped. Have you seen your OB lately? Maybe you can tell them that a month is too long to have a cycle. I thought I would get anemic and I had lots of headaches. I don't think it is only hormonal. Take care of yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

LexiKeri HB User

I thought I was the only one! I'm soon to be 55 and still having, I guess you could say its a period. I never know when it will or wont start. Some months I barely do much of anything, then wham, the flood gates open. And this brown stuff, what is this?? Some months between periods I get this brown tinged discharge or dark brown at times.

Now I'm starting to get this hot feeling. Wondering if this is what they call a hot flash? I'll be sitting watching TV, then out of the blue I feel so hot. I'll get sweaty under my hair. Then its gone a few minutes later.

Now I'm getting very short tempered. No patience at all with my family. Dont know if its stress or hormones going crazy.

So glad to see others at my age that havent crossed the other side yet. I thought I was abnormal.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:08 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Dark brown discharge is actually old blood that just has been expelled in a period before. It's entirely normal at any age.

If you have no conditions which would preclude using them, oral HRT is worth a try. I've been on it (activella) for almost 8 years. Wouldn't dare give it up!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi Faithfocus and ladies! I have been on the progesterone creams for about 3 years I think and was feeling normal and great and now its like I am back at square one. All the bad symptoms..hot flashes, digestive issues, electric shock sensations, fuzzy brain, sensative teeth, sleepless nights and the list goes one. I am sick of it too. Makes me feel like I am falling apart and will never know what normal feels like again. Just hang in there...gosh we have got to make it through. I just turned 47 and mine started at 40. This part of life sure aint fair is it? Hugs to all!

Closed Thread