It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

laineyk HB User
crazy in ny

Greetings ladies, wanted to introduce myself. 52 yr brand new Grammie. wife, mother of three, nurse working in hospital. Born again Christian & going out of my mind with menopause symtoms.
have had GAD most of my adult life, went out of control when I hit perimenopause though & have been taking AD since. I am in the midst of menopause right now, will go 6-7 months with no period & than it just comes out of no where. I continue to have leaky faucet, sleep disturbances, warm flashes, and a little anxiety trying to creep back in, just weird feelings & thoughts. SO I came back to this board for the camraderie

cant wait to meet some of you so we can swap horror stories

Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
(female)

sanandreas HB Usersanandreas HB User
Re: crazy in ny

Hi crazy - I am crazy in CA LOL - guess both coasts get some of us nuts.

I guess I was lucky as I stopped having periods, and that was about it. Although I was rather young at 45 when it happened. Have seen the doc and nothing weird going on. I did have hot flashes and it definitely raised my anxiety level.

Unfortunately that last part hasn't gone away. I too have had GAD for a long time,. I did okay in my late 20s, all thru my 30s and my early 40s. But when I started going thru the change, it hit with a vengence. Bad part is most of my other symptoms have stopped but not the anxiety.

I find this interesting as my 1st anxiety issues cropped up when I hit maturity in my mid teens. Lasted thru my early to mid 20's. So I think it clearly has some relation to hormones (or lack thereof) Not to say I didn't have any anxiety issues in the middle, but not nearly as bad.

OH SIGH - men should have to put up with this LOL

The following user gives a hug of support to sanandreas:
laineyk (11-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread