It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
I'm so sad for all of us :(

I have to say I haven't been here for many months because I felt good. I felt great!

Last year I spent a lot of time on this board. I had horrible heart palpitations, insomnia, drunk feeling in my head, anxiety. But by November of last year things began to slowly resolve. Echo showed my heart was healthy, blood work showed nothing out of the ordinary. So I assumed it was peri and just tried to ride it out.

But it's back. Exactly the same so I came here to remind myself I'm not alone and I'm not going to die even though I feel so bad some days. And I'm reading so many posts that sound like mine and I am so, so sad. I'm actually crying right now because I and so many of you feel so awful and no one seems to know how to help us. And all of the things we try to do for ourselves seems to give us little relief.

I don't know why some of us have to be so tortured by our hormones and other women are lucky to have none or so few they don't even notice. I've been exercising and drinking plenty of water. Still not a great nutritional eater. But I'm trying to be healthy but it won't go away.

Hugs to all of my perimenopause sisters out there. I hope and pray for us to find some relief. I want us all to feel healthy, happy and energetic again.

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: irisrose
aussiejenni (11-10-2011), emerrube (11-23-2011), jansonlygirl (11-09-2011), ml56 (11-22-2011), slenderella (11-10-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to irisrose For This Useful Post:
leeleeh (11-14-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: I'm so sad for all of us :(

Thanks for sharing! I too am suffering. I have hit a bad patch and feel so rotten. I am having my hormones retested and probably will get a different dose of progesterone. I have felt bad for so long I wouldn't know what it would feel like to feel my old normal self again. I hope you are feeling good. All the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

Shelley48 HB UserShelley48 HB User
Unhappy Re: I'm so sad for all of us :(

I agree whole-heartedly that these symptoms come and go drastically and actually one lives in fear of being knocked down again after feeling so great for a while. I sincerely feel for you

At present my body is aching so much that it is affecting my daily life. Getting up each day and going out can be too much to bear. How pathetic is that huh!! ????

Im 50 years old and been dealing with menopause for 5 years now. Not to mention Graves Disease (overactive thyroid) which was treated and now im underactive. The symptoms of thyroid and menopause are often similar.

So pleased to be back on this Healthboard as I have been suffering alone too long now.

Hope to hear of your progress.

Shelley

Old 11-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

I feel rotten. I went to my dr. yesterday for full blood work. I'm having her check my iron and ferritin levels, b12 vitamin, thyroid, hormone levels and the basic other blood work. She gave me some ambien to sleep. I resisted for so long but I really need to get some sleep. Tomorrow I'm going to see a sleep neurologist to see if he can help me figure out this insomnia stuff.

I've been taking xanex for sleep and now I think I'm having withdraw symptoms. My dr tells me no since I was on a low dose and over the course of barely 3 months. But if I don't take it for a night, I feel spacey, dizzy and overall weird and awful the following day.

I just want to feel good again. Thanksgiving is coming and I have to go out and shop and then prepare everything for the day and I just don't have any enthusiasm. It's only for me, my husband and boys, but I wish I could feel happy and hopeful. I just feel tired and wondering if there is an end to this. I don't want to be taking all kinds of meds but I don't know how to fix this on my own. I put so much hope in things, like my sleep dr appt tomorrow. Then I leave feeling like there isn't anyone who can help me but me. And if my body is whacking out, how can I control it or reign it in?

I'm sorry for those of us that feel so bad. I'm hoping for a turn around for us all soon!!

Old 11-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
(female)

Shelley48 HB UserShelley48 HB User

Iris pleased to hear you have had these blood tests! Good!!

I need to go too but they cost so much here and I try to adjust my own meds according to how Im feeling but as I mentioned, this body pain does not seem to get any better, no matter what and im very distressed by this at the moment. Its been going on for months now.

I do find that stretching exercises really do help me - gentle exercises but about 20 minutes each and every day. Have not done them in a while as had flu rather badly too, so that set me back somewhat for a few weeks.

I find too that I never eva had flu etc. and now I get it much more often and it knocks me quite hard - worse than before. Guess I was younger then too.

Hope to hear your bloodwork results.

Shelley

Closed Thread