It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
(female)

cathyzc HB Usercathyzc HB User
perimenopause i think

I wonder if anyone is going through the same things that i am.Im 43 and in april started having relly shaky legs and not wanting to leave the hopuse feeling really anxious.I was getting it every day as the months as gone on its not every dy now.My heart pounds and i feel really shaky inside my period has started 3 days early this month and im really shaky and feel sickly and very anxious i know i need to go to the doctors but the thoughts of going to a busy waiting room is making me even worse,my periods are becoming shorter but for a couple of months i have now getting a pain and burning feeling in my ovary on my left hand side,im fed up of this now just want my normal life back i also have blood pressure and take atenolol and candestartan and dont know if this has anything to do with it.Does anyone else feel like this

Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #2
(female)

Re: perimenopause i think

is anyone else having any of these symptoms my legs are really shaky like i cant stand on them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Could be peri or any number of other things. If peri, birth control pills may help or a change in formula if you are already on them. It could also be general anxiety or any number of other things. Going to the doctor is the only way to know for sure.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
(female)

Hodg48 HB UserHodg48 HB User

I know just how you feel Cathy. When I was 45 and living a normal life, I started to feel just like you. I finally found an antidepressant that worked for me and now can drive and leave the house fine. Without it, I had anxiety attacks, severe depression, shakiness, chest pain, palpatations. I know it is perimenopause as my worst days are around ovulation and before my period, when my hormones are highest. Please, see your Doctor and if they don't help, see a different one. Maybe you could get someone to take you and be there with you. I know that helped me.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-16-2012 at 12:34 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hodg48 For This Useful Post:
cathyzc (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

thank you for replying,ive been waiting for someone to reply.I have had this 12 months now its terrible i know i will have to go to the doctors,my husband is brilliant about it all like tommorrow him and my daughter are going out she has an appointment and he has to go with her but the thought of me being left in the house alone is really making me scared.I am going tohave to do something about it i dont think my blood pressure tablets help my situation either,my legs really hurt when i am stood up and are evry shaky thanks for replying

The following user gives a hug of support to cathyzc:
Hodg48 (04-18-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
(female)

browneyes1962 HB User
Smile Re: perimenopause i think

Hi Cathy,

I have the same type of symptoms. This happened all of a sudden so I understand how you feel. Everything was fine and then it wasn't. I had heart palpitations, feelings of wanting to jump out of my skin, surging crazy feelings throughout my body, anxiety, internal tremors and severe bleeding. I have high blood pressure as well and take medication. I went through 3 months of this and then had a D&C. Ever since the surgery these symptoms were not as bad, but around period time....my body goes crazy. I don't want to take medication or Hormone Replacement Therapy, but this may be something you need. Check with your doctor to make sure this is peri and have someone you feel comfortable with go with you. Also I found that cutting down on sodium, carbs and sugars....eating more vegetables and fruits..exercising regularly (in the gym) with some yoga in between really has helped me to manage my symptoms better. I hope you feel better...there are alot of us going through the same thing. You are not alone.

Lots of hugs,
Debbie

The Following User Says Thank You to browneyes1962 For This Useful Post:
cathyzc (05-06-2012)
Closed Thread