It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

mtssh41 HB User
Spotting

I am new here..I am 46 and have been going threw menopause for a few years. I have not had a period in almost 2 years ( not sure when the last one was)..that is just a rough guess. I started spotting very lightly last week a few days. The day before i started i have a very low backache. The kind i got right before a period. I called my Dr and he sent me for a pelvic ultrasound. I went to see him the next day and everything came back ok. He said he didnt see anything that would make him say "omg this girl has cancer" which scared me. He has me going for a scraping of the uterious next week at his office. Just to make sure everything is ok. Plus sending me for blood work to check hormone levels. He looked at my chart and saw that i have very little levels in 2005. Thats the last time thye were checked. Im still spotting on and off.. Now its kinda brown. When i was spotting last week, it was more redish. The day i went for the pelvic ultrasound i had some cramping on my right lower side. I remember i used to get this all the time after a period. Since then i have had no pain, just the bother some spotting. Im really scared and hate when they make u wait so long to go and see whats going on. Has anyone ever experienced this? Also I have never taken any kind of hormone replacement medicine.

The following user gives a hug of support to mtssh41:
Olivermine (11-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

Olivermine HB User
Re: Spotting

Hi There: I'm 56 and have been going through peri-menopause & menopause since I was 42. Long, long time.

I've been years without a period and then spotted. Spotted for a few months and had no period for 18 months; then spotted again. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just normal body function.

I wouldn't be too worried at all.

Good luck.

The following user gives a hug of support to Olivermine:
mtssh41 (12-01-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olivermine For This Useful Post:
mtssh41 (12-01-2011), vicmarie (09-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
(female)

mtssh41 HB User
Re: Spotting

Well i had the uterine bio and it wasnt as bad as i thought. I called on Monday and they said everything was fine. But I have started to stop again..Nothing when i wipe..just on the liner (sorry if that is TMI)...So if everything is alright...why am i still spotting?? I dont get it.

Closed Thread