It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

tinker1112 HB User
PostM and now I feel awful?

Hi, longtime lurker, first time poster. I am 52, 14 months since last period. I had a pretty easy time going thru peri and menopause but now I should be safely out the other side -- all hell breaks lose. Real bad stomach, hot flashes, anxiety to drop a moose, vaginal dryness, loss of sex drive, just feel like crap. I've been diagnosed with IBS and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I've had a colonoscopy and two endoscopies in the past two years that were squeaky clean. U/s of internal organs just fine. Blood work, just fine. Waiting the results on stool cultures but I assume they'll be fine too. I seem to be at a doctors constantly but everything always comes out hunky dory and I'm sure they've got a big "hyprochondriac" sticker on my file.

I thought this was supposed to be done but i know from reading old threads on here that lots of people continue to have problems after. Just feeling down and tired today. Due for another doctor appointment tomorrow and I'm not sure why anymore.

Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User
Re: PostM and now I feel awful?

Welcome to the forum - Sorry for what you're going through, but you're not alone trust me! I swear I went through 5 years of perimenopause and when I finally went through menopause 3 years ago, I thought the hot flashes would be all done - wrong! But my doctor tells me that it should get less and less...

Good to see you're getting all the medical testing done, it's reassuraing or at least it was for me. Have you had a DEXA scan? Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
(female)

tinker1112 HB User

Dopey me - what's a DEXI scan?

Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB Userrufous57 HB User

Dexa stands for ‘Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry’. It is the most commonly used test for measuring bone mineral density. It is one of the most accurate ways to diagnosis Osteopenia or Osteoporosis.

Closed Thread