It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

peggy46 HB User
Unhappy Please Say Im Not Alone

I went 2 months with only spotting ,then my period came on full force . But i feel so nervous ,anxiety attacks through the roof . just feel like im dying . doing all i can not to cry . i feel like im losing my sanity . my doctor gave me progestrone,and estrogen . but im afraid to take it . i only take vistiril for anxiety ,and its really not helping . i also take 20mg paxil a day . i just need to know im not alone .

The following user gives a hug of support to peggy46:
tiredmt (12-22-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

jansonlygirl HB Userjansonlygirl HB User
Re: Please Say Im Not Alone

YOU ARE NOT ALONE PEGGY I think we all agree that the feelings you are having are the norm for this crap...anxiety is probably the biggest issue I have seen on these boards for menopause. I suffer from it to the point of being completely housebound for many days at a time. The exhaustion is overwhelming, and the crying well.....outta control at times. I am on valium for the anxiety and it does help usually, prozac for anxiety as well, I have a prescrption sitting here filled for estrogen and progesterone...also to afraid to take them :\ Hang in there, no choice right.. been told this eventually ends in a fairly happy ending, we will see.
Take care, Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

You are not alone!! This is such a crazy time in our lives and by the way, I am not having fun with it!! I feel so out of sorts and anxious, I think that I may get one good week a month. If I am lucky.
I am also afraid of hormones, but I am told they do help you to feel normal again.
Take some time for yourself and remember to breath.. I truly believe that is the best we can do!

Old 12-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
(female)

tiredmt HB User

You are definitely not alone. I cry, have severe anxiety, aches, pains, headaches, hot flashes. It is so not fun. My doctor just tells me that this too shall pass. I wish it would hurry up. I am 49 and this has been going on for 2 years now. I take lorazepam for anxiety but it is not helping very much any more. But you are definitely not alone. Hope you get through this okay. Hope we all do.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have no idea why you are "scared" to take the hormones! They are great for most people. Did you ever take birth control pills? Same thing. Please try it. It really can help. I've been on HRT for almost 9 years and there is no way I would stop taking it.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
(female)

jansonlygirl HB Userjansonlygirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Have no idea why you are "scared" to take the hormones! They are great for most people. Did you ever take birth control pills? Same thing. Please try it. It really can help. I've been on HRT for almost 9 years and there is no way I would stop taking it.
Hi Titchou, I am going to try my hormone pills, but I am wondering what you are on, she gave me Estradiol 0.5 MG and Provera 10MG. I am supposed to take the Estradiol daily and the Provera for 10 to 15 dys a month on the 15th day of my cycle. Is this similar at all to what you take?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm on Activella 1/.05. It's a combo pill (both drugs in all the pills) and you take 1 daily....every day.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
jansonlygirl (12-22-2011)
Closed Thread