It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

sunnymom4 HB User
Question Menopause related or something else?

About 6 weeks ago my oldest daughter (15) got blood work back that indicates celiac and also low thyroid. Strangely ever since that time I have been having the weirdest stomach issues as well. Every time after I eat my stomach hurts and I feel almost like I have the flu. Also my clothes always feel so tight lately and I just want everything to have elastic waistbands! The really odd thing is that I have actually been loosing weight (about 2-3 pounds over the past 6 weeks... nothing major but certainly not gaining!).

It just seems odd that I started feeling this way right as my daughter is going through testing (waiting for the scope) for celiac and now we are both feeling lousy and bloated and comparing stomach aches (awesome mother - daughter bonding time, hey?). I have been reading up on celiac lately and it does seem that its hereditary although no one else in our family has ever been diagnosed with it nor has (or had) stomach issues that would point to that.

I've also been reading that bloating and stomach issues can be part of menopause but how would I be able to tell the difference? I am on HRT for heavy periods but I've been on that for 2-3 years already without issue. I am only 43 and last time I questioned my doctor if something I was feeling was menopause related she basically said I was much to young to even worry about that.

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User
Re: Menopause related or something else?

I vote Celiac trouble. Or another alternative is SYMPATHY pains...

Closed Thread