It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Perimenopausal and very confused

Hi there -

I'm 41 and have been in perimenopause since age 37. I've been using progesterone cream since '09 and most recently testosterone cream. All my levels from recent blood work (including thyroid) checked out okay except for low testosterone. I have no sex drive to speak of at all. For the longest time, until I got the progesterone dosage right, I either wasn't ovulating at all or not regularly, just every now and then. Now for the past few months, I appear to be ovulating every month, yet the cervical mucus comes a few days before the supposed ovulation week. Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the 'fertile date' in the middle of the ovulation week. I'm talking about that whole week. I even have a passing sexual interest for one day (the day before the ovulation week starts). It's not enough to want to have sex, but it's way more than I usually have. Then once the supposed ovulation week starts, the cervical mucus stops and of course there's no sexual interest anymore until the next month. I have no sexual interest at all except for the day before that week every month. So my question is this: Is it possible to have cervical mucus before ovulation week? I'm not trying to become pregnant, by the way. However, I do know that if you're not ovulating, you usually have no sex drive. I'm just confused if I'm even ovulating at all. I use an online calculator every month and it's always been pretty accurate. I'm also still having a lot of the other symptoms we all complain about including depression, mood swings, lack of motivation, lack of confidence, joint/muscle pain, and just a general feeling of blah. I'm hoping the T replacement cream helps these symptoms, time will tell. If I wasn't married, I wouldn't care about sex at all. I'm really stumped about the timing of the cervical mucus with the ovulation thing though. Does that happen to anyone else and is it even normal? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by kittywitty; 12-04-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread