It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
All this and now hot flashes too..I have hit the jackpot!

Hi.. I have been struggling with many peri issues for the last few years. My doctor keeps telling me that since I am still having a period, checking my hormone levels is really a waste of time. I don't agree, because it will at least give me some much needed information.
I have really not had any hot flashes or night sweats..I felt like I was so lucky!! Until last week... all of a sudden I now have hot flashes and I have even had a few night sweats too.. Is this normal, I mean to not have them and then all of a sudden they start? I am not sure what I expected, but this just seems like it hit with no warning. I am not even in PMS.
These babies start with a *****ly feeling and then I get hot. Sometimes it hits my whole body and sometimes it is just my upper body. Sometimes they last for a minute, sometimes they last for 5 minutes. They are accompanied by some palpatations, a touch of anxiety and even sometimes a bit of sweat. The ones at night are pretty much the same, except that I wake up drenched.
I have them just about every night, but I don't have many during the day.. maybe 1 or 2.
I just need to know if this is normal (is anything about menopause normal?). I am going back into the doctor next week so I am going to ask about bloodwork again.. I will ask her about this too, but I would love to have input from women that have had this and know how I feel.
Also, how do you feel about seeing a chiropractor for your aches and pains?? I have gone to Physical Therapy and they really don't do much for me.
Thanks Everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User
Re: All this and now hot flashes too..I have hit the jackpot!

Yes its normal. Its natural. It happens.. if it bothers you to no end then seek medical help.
Frankly, I'm fed up with the medical Society looking at menopause as something that needs a CURE. Its a normal part of a woman's life.. Sure, if somethings bothering you to the point of affecting your life then go right ahead and make an appointment with your favorite doctor.. What ever makes you comfortable.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

CaGirl2..I totally agree that this is a normal part of a woman's life. I just want to know about it and how to go through it without too much of a struggle. I feel like doctors brush you off and treat it like a "mental" condition rather than a phase of life.
I know many woman that have gone through perimenopause and menopause without a problem, I just am not one of them, unfortunately.
I am on my way to the bookstore to see if I can find a book or something to help me understand what is normal and what is abnormal so I know the difference. I also understand that each woman is different, so there is not going to be a "perfect" norm...
But there has to be someone out there that understands and can help us to understand too.
By reading this board, I see many,many woman that are confused and scared by the symptoms.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

True, it won't do a lot of good to test your hormones while you are still having periods as they fluctuate. However, it's not true that the doctor can do nothing for you. If you are on birth control pills, ask for a change. If you are not on them, get on them.
It helped me tremendously to change my scrip....

Closed Thread