It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
(female)

Susie1968 HB User
43 and no period

Hello everyone,

I am new here, my first post. Hoping to hear that I am not alone. I am 43 will be 44 in Feb. My periods have been so different this year. Very light. Now I have no period for past two months. I had my yearly pap a few months ago & just got a card in the mail to have it redone in 3 months. This all seems strange. Anyone else with the same experiences. This just seems early to me, for my periods to completely stop. But I have had medical problems in the past. Had endometriosis in my 20`s, and had a tube & ovary removed then. I just have no one to compare this time of life to, because my mom & sister both had hysterectomy's before menapause. Nervous as well with my pap coming back. Any same experiences here? Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Susie

Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Re: 43 and no period

Hi Susie
Two months without period sounds like peri to me but i think you need to check with your doctor because of your age. you still have one ovary so it could be other explanations including pregnancy: Are you under some kind of stress since it can also make you miss a period. There could be other reasons: Please check with Dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
(female)

Susie1968 HB User
Re: 43 and no period

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for the response. Pregnancy isn`t a concern. My husband had a vasectomy after our daughters birth 10 years ago. I am under my drs care, have my yearly exam every summer. My periods have gotten lighter in the past year but now just two months without having one at all, seems so strange. I feel good though. Other than the breast tenderness, feeling out of whack & getting so angry so quickly,lol. Yep, I guess that I do sound a little perimenopausal ,lol. It is funny how all of a sudden that the people that I have always not liked - but had patience for (ie, my MIL). I just want to chock them when they say something rude. No patience for rude people here lately, lol. Classic symptom, I guess.

Thanks again for your response.

Susie

Closed Thread