It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
(female)

BluebellGirl HB User
Menopause at 38?

I've been struggling with this for about three years now. I've had some anxiety attacks, some bad headaches, joint aches, really erratic periods, skipped periods, internal shaking, periods of "cold" usually at night (I can't seem to warm up, even in the summer), aggression/depression, crying jags, some light heart fluttering, a lot of fatigue. I recently developed high blood pressure, and my arthritis, which I've struggled with for a long time has gotten very bad, almost debilitating. Things didn't seem so bad until recently. The problem is, I'm only 38! Tracking down my symptoms has taken me to a lot of menopause sites, so I was wondering if it was even possible to experience that at 38?

I'm not on any special medications (except for blood pressure) and aside from arthritis, I'm in pretty good health overall.

Thanks for any info.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Menopause at 38?

It's not outside the realm of possibilities that it's perimenopause. I'd have my FSH levels checked and talk with your gyno about getting on birth control pills to even things out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

A woman I work with started going through perimenopause at 37, so it's not out of the question that what you are going through could be just that.
Carefull about birth control pills if you decide to go that route. I, for one can't/won't take them. I know three women who took them during perimenopause and all three of them ended up with breast cancer. One with stage four. I personally don't think birth control pills are the "magic" cure. They are not for everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to susieq0726 For This Useful Post:
emerrube (01-06-2012), kittywitty (01-04-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
(female)

emerrube HB User
Question Re: Menopause at 38?

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq0726 View Post
A woman I work with started going through perimenopause at 37, so it's not out of the question that what you are going through could be just that.
Carefull about birth control pills if you decide to go that route. I, for one can't/won't take them. I know three women who took them during perimenopause and all three of them ended up with breast cancer. One with stage four. I personally don't think birth control pills are the "magic" cure. They are not for everyone.
susieq...is this because of progesterone? I don't know much about birth control pills. I've never taken them, but your comment reminds me of something my mom told me recently. She thinks that she (and a friend of hers) got breast cancer because of progesterone cream. I know a lot of people use it and it helps, but after what she said, I'm quite hesitant.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerrube View Post
susieq...is this because of progesterone? I don't know much about birth control pills. I've never taken them, but your comment reminds me of something my mom told me recently. She thinks that she (and a friend of hers) got breast cancer because of progesterone cream. I know a lot of people use it and it helps, but after what she said, I'm quite hesitant.
My sister in law's cancer was estrogen driven. She is not allowed to take or consume ANYTHING that has estrogen or estrogen properties in it.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
(female)

Zaradrea HB User

My menopause began 40 years ago (now I'm 47), five years I was taking estrogen but did not help anything except that I went to control every six months so I'm only at the time could detect that something bad is happening in my body, but the Fortunately not, I stopped taking them because the information about the hazards coming from all sides. But even early menopause and really bad experience, the worst mood changes and sweating but they are still essential alleviate these symptoms. It is hard but mentally to be faced with all symptoms and then slowly push the day to day, but there's one good thing I have got rid of acne I had since my twenties, it is my great comfort in all this mess of emotions.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #7
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

I could have written your post - and at the age of 38. Thats when I started seeing "the change" and it wore out its welcome a long time ago...I guess I am going to be in for a short one - maybe? My Mom said she quit having periods when she was 44. I will be 41 in a few days...

Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
(female)

Nessy21 HB User

I'm 53 and have been going through "the change" for quite some time now I haven't had a period in 3 yrs, I just tried PremPro (a low dose estrogen) and I stopped it. I get migraines a take a preventative for that and I started getting them again. So it wasn't worth i, and as the other posts had stated the risks out weighed the benefits...I saw no difference. I started a clean eating diet 4 yrs ago because of the issues and that has helped a lot. I also work out at least 3 times a week even if it's just taking a walk. I have found that my flashes and moods were better when my diet was good. I still get a flash here and there but they are manageable and don't last long. My sleeping I use Melatonin and for any stomach issues which my clean eating has gotten rid of I drink Aloe Vera Juice. I liked the idea of the diary, I have 2 daughters and I want them to be prepared.

Closed Thread