It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
What is this?

Hi,
I post frequently on other posts here but meno is fairly new to me.

I was 50 recently and my periods have been fairly regular for all my life. I would say in past 6 -8 months they have been a little shorter in length, and sometimes a little earlier than 29 days.

But I just feel rotten most of the time. Ive had palps for 2 years which is a little better now. This is a list of what ive suffered in past few months and wondered if it could be hormone related.

Aching bones
dizzyness
funny headaches
shorter tempered
bad dreams
sometimes waking hot, but not what i would call a hot flush.
lots of different stomach problems ( diagnosed hiatus hernia)
Generally feeling like im running on about 75% of my health.

I never feel well, there is always something not right with my health.

I'm full of dread now ive turned 50 of how my health will be as i get older.

My Mother went through the meno at 55, it took 5 years !

Would love some input please?

Old 01-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: What is this?

Also i forgot to mention....

This last month period was a bit early, heavy for 3 days, then (sorry) black stuff for about 6 days, then stop, then 2 more days of it, now stopped again. Im on day 9 now and i honestly feel like im ovulatiing, sore boobs, etc. So i wonder whats going on this month?

My Gynae Doc says my hormones are like that of a 25 yrs old !!! so i dunno.

Had my ovaries scanned 3 mths ago, and a CA125 all fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You might try birth control pills to help with your symptoms. And ask your doctor what your FSH level is. I hate it when they give you the "everything is normal" routine! You have a right to know the exact values of all your testing!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Something is definetely amiss here.

For past 3 days i have felt dizzy, with roaring in my head, like tinitus. Off balance. I thought it couldnt be the latter part of my mentrual cycle as i saw my diary and it said 6th, but not 6th jan 6th of dec !!! i had made a mistake and then checked, my period was 1st january so im almost exactly half way through my cycle and its always in that period i have these weird symptoms. I cant imagine the ear thing could be hormonal, but i did the usual waking up abruptly in the night and then feeling hot.

I almost didnt make it to work today as my head was so loud this morning i coud hardly hear normal things.

I also have this internal jumping/twitching/shaking its horrible.

I feel like i'm dying, like my body is breaking down, and i NEVER feel well, and almost always feel really ill for the last 14 days of my cycle before my period.

I dont know what to do anymore. Should i have a hormone test that is at a ceertain time in the month, because it almost feels like whichever hormone floods my body in the latter part of my cycle is poisoning me !

Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Generally right before your period is due but when it's like this that's hard to determine. Just ask for birth control pills and when your body skips periods even on them, roll over to HRT. That's what I did.....

Closed Thread