It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
Cold

Of course I will be colder now that it is winter time but even then I'm not as cold as I have been this year and it has been pretty mild!

I normally don't even get cold.

Anyone else suffer from being cold vs a hot flash?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Re: Cold

You're not alone. I've never had hot flashes, instead I'm freezing all of the time. Every time I see the doctor and they take my temperature, they raise their eyebrows a little. It's always 96.5F.

This past Summer, when it was 90+ degrees out, I was wearing a sweatshirt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
(female)

Ha ha - nice to know I'm not alone even though I only got 1 reply. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm really surprised at the lack of responses. Are we the only ones?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

Well -I'm not sure. I think more women tend to have hot flashes. I have yet to have one of those. A lot of people don't even reply - they just look at the posts. It would help IMMENSELY if more women did reply...

Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

You're the first person that I've come across that gets cold instead of hot flashes, like myself.

I see this thread has over 300 views...I wish some of the women reading would either sign up or add their 2 cents if they're already a member.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
(female)

georgina77 HB Usergeorgina77 HB Usergeorgina77 HB User

Hiya ladies, i also get cold. during the summer months sat in sun with friends in bikini tops i was in a fleece leggings and had a quilt round me and was covered in goosebumps still, well now winters here oh my i am so cold that it almost hurts, it doesnt feel like when we are normally cold, this feels a deep cold, even sitting in a bath so hot i look like a lobster im chilled to the bone. I have had every test going, all negative, this has been 16 mnths from HELL, stomach issues, palps, massive weight loss, nausea, fainting spells, anxiety but only when im in what i call a flare. tingling arms and legs, neuropathic pain, terrible insomnia, bouts of crying,then anger. I am now under a cardio doctor, the palps are very distressing, and she assures me the vast % of her patients are women going through peri, also may i say that now is a good time to get your thyroid tested, as peri and thyroid problems can go hand in hand, and can rear their ugly heads at this time of our lives. heat and cold intolerance is also a major sympton of thyroid, so maybe worth peace of mind to just get it checked out. Hope today sees you having a good, symptom free day.... Gina

Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #8
(female)

Cindy89 HB User

Count me in ladies. I'm also very cold especially my hands and feet. i have a portable heater that i carry around with me to warm my legs. family members think i am nuts. I have a lot of stomach issues but no hot flashes and iam right in the middle of peri.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

I used to be cold. I froze all of the time BEFORE peri-meno. Now I get normal cold, but for sure my temperature has risen. I can actually walk around the house in the winter with no socks or slippers from time to time - even a year ago that was unheard of in the winter! I used to sleep in those Hannah Anderson pajamas (long underwear type jammies). I would start wearing them October until spring. Now I sleep in sleep shorts and a thin long sleeve shirt with no socks! Totally unheard of even a year ago.

I must admit though, I kind of like not being freezing all of the time. I was usually never comfortable in the house in the winter and double layered in everything. Now, considering peri-menopause body temperature, that is where I feel normal. The rest of my life - not normal much at all

Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
(female)

fena HB User

you're not alone i'm always cold too!

fena

Old 02-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgina77 View Post
Hiya ladies, i also get cold. during the summer months sat in sun with friends in bikini tops i was in a fleece leggings and had a quilt round me and was covered in goosebumps still, well now winters here oh my i am so cold that it almost hurts, it doesnt feel like when we are normally cold, this feels a deep cold, even sitting in a bath so hot i look like a lobster im chilled to the bone. I have had every test going, all negative, this has been 16 mnths from HELL, stomach issues, palps, massive weight loss, nausea, fainting spells, anxiety but only when im in what i call a flare. tingling arms and legs, neuropathic pain, terrible insomnia, bouts of crying,then anger. I am now under a cardio doctor, the palps are very distressing, and she assures me the vast % of her patients are women going through peri, also may i say that now is a good time to get your thyroid tested, as peri and thyroid problems can go hand in hand, and can rear their ugly heads at this time of our lives. heat and cold intolerance is also a major sympton of thyroid, so maybe worth peace of mind to just get it checked out. Hope today sees you having a good, symptom free day.... Gina

Gina,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. I can identify with most of the symptoms that you mentioned, other than the neuropathy. I feel like I could've written your post myself! The PVC's drive me crazy and nearly bring on an anxiety attack when they occur. I've been told that they're benign and to ignore them, but how does one ignore them??
A hot bath seems to resolve the chills, but it's very short-lived. I've had my thyroid checked twice now and it's within normal range. I've been living on Pepcid, as it seems to help the stomach and nausea issues.
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine all of this to be so life-altering.

I hope you have better days ahead....

Take care~

The Following User Says Thank You to CherylLynn24 For This Useful Post:
georgina77 (02-06-2012)
Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #12
(female)

Thanks Cheryl, i agree totally with you, it wasnt until i started with these symptoms that my nans experiences came to light, she suffered horrendously, and of course back 50 years ago they had even less understanding of these things than they do now. She was put into a mental ward, so i suppose we have come on a little way from that, altho i have had male doctors look at me like im some sort of hypocondriac, ive been told its nothing more than anxiety and been offered pill after pill, its hard to explain that until that moment i was a happy outgoing individual, who hardly ever visited a doc. My mother sailed through meno, so i guess i imagined id be same. For me the scariest part are the palps, they just hit me from nowhere, i agree its hard to tell yourself they are harmless, cos they sure dont feel it. It makes me feel better reading stories on here from others suffering the same weird symptoms such as yourself, atleast we know we arent going insane. I also have had 2 tests for thyroid as all the docs agree i have all the symptoms, they cannot explain why i lost 6 stones in weight in 9 weeks, as peri makes you gain weight if anything, plus i also have terrible hives which started at same time, but both times the tests came back"within normal range".
Today has been a semi good day so far, i hope that you are having a symptom free day also, take care for now )

Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
(female)

WOW - let the flood gates open! Thank you so much for all your replies. It is so nice to know I am not alone! Guess I will keep my long johns out for a bit...

Old 02-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #14
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow71 View Post
WOW - let the flood gates open! Thank you so much for all your replies. It is so nice to know I am not alone! Guess I will keep my long johns out for a bit...
Hiya Willow no you are definately not alone, all of us ladies have stumbled upon this board i should imagine purely becos we cant understand whats happening within our own bodies, and many of us seem to get little or no help from the medical proffesion. We are all individuals and our bodies react differently to the changes, i found a marvellous pold page on here that lists the many diverse reactions we have, i rem crying the first time i read it, cos for the first time i felt like there were others experiencing this, we dont all just end our periods 1 month n thats it, some of us suffer quite horrendously. I personally think if we know ok this is not nice by any means, but hey i am normal, im not a freak of nature, and however hard it is it will pass, we are better equipped to withstand it and emerge the other side.
So yes id hang onto those long johns, and hopefully the spring and summer will bring relief to you )
take care for now

Old 02-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #15
(female)

[QUOTE=georgina77;4923878]Hiya Willow no you are definately not alone, all of us ladies have stumbled upon this board i should imagine purely becos we cant understand whats happening within our own bodies, and many of us seem to get little or no help from the medical proffesion. We are all individuals and our bodies react differently to the changes, i found a marvellous pold page on here that lists the many diverse reactions we have, i rem crying the first time i read it, cos for the first time i felt like there were others experiencing this, we dont all just end our periods 1 month n thats it, some of us suffer quite horrendously. I personally think if we know ok this is not nice by any means, but hey i am normal, im not a freak of nature, and however hard it is it will pass, we are better equipped to withstand it and emerge the other side.
So yes id hang onto those long johns, and hopefully the spring and summer will bring relief to you
take care for now

Last edited by georgina77; 02-07-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Closed Thread