It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
(female)

weezee62 HB User
Question Cramping & Bloating - Anyone Experience This?

Hi all. I am 49, overweight and haven't had a period for 18 months. For the last couple of years I've had the menopausal symptoms of hot flashes, slight hair loss, anxiety, and occasional abdominal cramping/bloating but all have been manageable. I've had fibroids for several years, one approx 6 cm, which are pretty stable and never caused too much trouble. Have also dealt with on and off IBS since high school and am almost two years post-colon resection for Stage I colon cancer so I'm used to dealing with gastro issues. Just 2 weeks ago, I was also treated in the ER for a nasty UTI, which seems to be better.

Lately, the abdominal cramping and slight bloating/fullness have become more frequent-occurring almost daily. The discomfort is mostly in my lower abdomen and feels like the beginning of a period that never comes. I wake up feeling "ok" in the morning but the symptoms worsen as the day goes on. Not excruciating, just uncomfortable and annoying. However, if I'm having a bad gastro day, the discomfort is definitely worse. Resting with my feet up helps but can't do that at work ;o). Advil also helps but don't think its a good idea to take (6+) Advil per day.

Within the last couple of weeks I have also noticed some intermittent breast aches and a definite change in my emotions - feeling lethargic, a little depressed, more irritable etc.

Because of my annual CC follow ups, I have had a colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, "internal" pelvic ultrasound, mammogram/breast ultrasound, chest/abdominal/pelvic x-rays and CT scans within the last few months, which have all been good.

I gained approx 25 lbs since the surgery (not good when I was already 200 lbs) and thought this might be part of the problem but have started a weight loss program and am already seeing results. Would like to add on more physical activity but finding it difficult with the cramping.

When I spoke to my ob/gyn a few month ago (before the frequency increased), he said that since my entire abdominal area had been through so much "trauma" because of the open resection it might always be a sensitive area and it would be difficult to determine whether symptoms were gyno or gastro related. I do understand this but am reaching out to everyone to see if anyone has had these symptoms and what works for them?

Thank you all and have a great day ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User
Re: Cramping & Bloating - Anyone Experience This?

I'm going through the posts and see no one responded to you..Well, girly, Your not alone.
I too have the feeling of my period coming with normal discomfort but no period.. I HATE IT! Also the bloating. Tender breasts... etc. etc... I think its a normal part of the process but that sure doesnt mean we have to like it and accept it. Reading all these posts I feel like a absolute non educated person with this stuff. People talk about this and that.. HRT..which I've figured out is hormone replacement therapy.. But I dont know what those other abbreviations are.. Guess i'll figure it out as I go along.. Anyway, if your still reading on this board..theres others out there with the same symptoms... Good Luck to you

Old 06-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User

Have you read about body rolling?I stumbled on it ages ago when I had months of feeling a period like pain and being tested and told its just good old IBS, funny how ibs meds didnt help at all though.I believe as would be the same for you with previous surgeries and problems in there we have terrible adhesions everwhere and then if we get a bought of gastric tummy or period pain the adhesions get flarred up.Anyway long story but basically body rolling is where you get a ball like a basketball but smaller and softer and roll on it,from pubic bone to hip and back then to other side, it hurts like hell when you do it and after it feels like you did 100 situps but after 3 days pain settles,I did this once a weeks for 3 weeks and had about 8months pain gone, plus it can flatten the tummy im told
anyway look it up body rolling good luck ladies, welcome to menopause lol

Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Milly50 HB UserMilly50 HB User

Hi
I have similar symptoms, cramps and bit of bloating and a feeling of having a period but it is more than a month late. It is not pleasant.

One word of advice as I am a very natural-minded person who does not believe in modern medicine very much. Please be careful how many x-rays you are submitting your body to. Remember that their effects are powerful and cumulative. Take a look at evidence on the internet about how some doctors think x-rays cause abnormalities. Please keep them to a minimum. I do not subject myself to any radiation if I can help it. We all think doctors know best but that is not necessarily true.

Closed Thread