It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
(female)

sunseed HB User
HRC Amor Vie therapy *NOT WORKING* Is it just me?!?

Hello,
I'm new here although I have responded to a couple other post but since I haven't received a reply I will start my own thread.
I'm a 41 year old female who is not in menopause or peri m but this is the only board I can find even talking about this treatment. The commercials from HRC medical spoke to me and I decided to get treatment for my next to nothing libido, energy levels and mood issues. After the fact I am now concerned as I cant find anyone else receiving treatment that is not in some stage of menopause or had a hysterectomy. HRC done labs and said I'm not so they are only giving me testosterone. I was told by the NP at their office that most woman feel best in the upper 200s to lower 300s when I asked why I was getting anything at all since my level was 48 which was in the high normal range according to Labcorp. I did my own research on this and discovered at no time in a woman's life, under normal circumstances, is a woman's T level that high, not even in our prime. That has got me concerned and I'm wondering if others have been told the same thing.
I had my first insertion on 12/15/11 on 1/5/12 I had my levels checked again and my T was 208 but I was feeling no improvement what so ever. They had me come back in for another 1/2 dose on 1/9/12 and as of today 2/8/12, I can only imagine my levels of T are much higher now BUT I still am feeling nothing. I'm getting really depressed by this and I'm now wondering if this was all just a bunch of hype to sell me something I didn't need. Could it be this is not my problem? I do have an under control thyroid condition but no other issues.
Am I just an exception? Or is there anyone else out that from a similar situation?
I just would really love to hear any comments, advice or words of encouragement from anyone in my situation or not. I really don't know if I can trust HRC or not. Please, tell me what you think and feel free to ask me anything.
Thanks!!!
Dee

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunseed For This Useful Post:
pierresmom (02-27-2012), vegkid (04-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: HRC Amor Vie therapy *NOT WORKING* Is it just me?!?

There could be other reasons you are fatigued and low libido. I've been reading a lot about adrenal fatigue. As we women get into our 40s and 50s and especially those that have thyroid issues, you could have some stress on your adrenal glands. I have read quite often that adrenal fatigue and thyroid can go hand in hand.

The only way to find out how your adrenal glands are functioning, you need to do a saliva test. If you're seeing a naturopath other than the HRC people, you can ask for one. Or you can get one yourself and do it on your own. You would still need a doctor or naturopath to interpret the results. If you have any compounding pharmacies in your area, often times they carry the ZRT labs saliva tests. They're free and you choose what you want to have tested and send your payment in with your saliva samples. I just did one this week. And if you can't find a test locally, you can go to ZRT labs website and order one.

Once you find out if your cortisol levels (I'd probably check DHEA too) are normal or low or spiking throughout the day, then you can be treated for that with anything from increased vitamin/mineral supplements to actual glandulars to help take the stress off of your adrenal glands and let them heal to normal functioning.

Try reading a little bit about it and see if adrenal fatigue sounds like what you may be experiencing. Main stream doctors don't accept adrenal fatigue. Just like they never accepted Fibromyalgia for decades. That was a disease that was supposedly in our heads and "just stress". Now decades later, it's a diagnosed disease. I think adrenal fatigue will be one day too. But for now, only naturopaths and holistic doctors will treat for it.

Last edited by irisrose; 02-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
(female)

tinalina HB User

If you're on your second implant and still have no libido, call their office right away to adjust your dosage. Also, I know my HRC doctor does not test for adrenals and cortisol levels even when asked about it. Also, they only use serum blood lab tests and not saliva. Press HRC for solutions now. Let us know your results.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
(female)

jbegreene HB User

Thanks for your post. sorry about your issue. Have you gotten anywhere? I am considering Amor Vie, but curious about how it differs from what I could get in oral contraceptives. I am till cycling, but having some issues with weight and mood only.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
(male)

justbeingme HB User

Nothing is wrong with BHRT. But it is not for everybody. If it is not working for you, I would ask them to refund you the money you paid them.

Before you signed up any contract, make sure you read the fine prints. HRC does not refund their customers. Make sure you are also given all the side effects and benefits, as well as the alternatives. That is the only way you can make an informed decision. The sales people are not medical people. They will try to sign you up so they can get their commissions. Very unethical company.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
(female)

flcat23 HB User

Hey, I stumbled upon your post just now. How has the therapy been going? Any improvements? I ask because out of desperation to feel even a little better, went to a HRT doctor for low T, low progesterone, chronic fatigue, insomnia...etc for a while and it was a very unpleasant experience, it is safe to say I am worse off than when I started. Have you experienced any of the unpleasant side effects with testosterone?
I am a 31 yo female that has a normal cycle, CFS was diagnosed about 7 years ago after many many tests. I exercise regularly and have a super clean diet.
Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 AM   #7
(female)

oceanlvr HB User

I have very similar situation to the lady in original post. I started my first treatment last month, I feel worse this month. I go back for next insert in 2 days. I do get to see & speak with the Dr & I will be very vocal with her on my concerns. I have read so many things about this company I really don't know what to think but I'm trying to remain hopeful. If things improve I will be back on here & let everyone know!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
(female)

Tutu1 HB User

I also was not happy with results. I gained weight which was not suppose to happen. I was to have another insertion on Oct 1st but did not do it. My swollen stomach is going down and the horrible hunger pains are subsiding.Also, the red blotches and pimples on my face are going away. I am still waxing and plucking the hair on my face. The only upside to this therapy is that the hot flashes are gone and it sure does increase your libido but my husband is 80 so what's the use of that!

Closed Thread

Tags
amor vie, hormone replacement, testosterone replacement