It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User
Digestive Issues

Hello
Does anyone feel like they have more digestive issues now that they are in Perimenopause/Menopause? I feel like all of my stomach problems have multiplied by 10 since starting this journey.
My doctor says that he really does not believe that hormones have anything to do with it????
I am also wondering if the added anxiety that I have been experiencing with Peri has also added to the problem.
Does anyone have any remedies that they may be having success with???

Thanks for the input!! You ladies have been a Life Saver for me!
b.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
Re: Digestive Issues

UGH! Yes, mine started about 2 years ago and I am on one of the strongest medicines out there now for reflux. My stomach still makes some of the funkiest sounds around and I used to have the "stomach of steel". Stress will make it worse as does anxiety. It all works its magic together - oh joy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Thanks Willow..this is just way crazy.. You never know how much your hormones affect you!
Do you ever get pain in your chin? That has been my latest thing. I know that I am clinching my jaw more than usual lately, but this pain in my chin is weird. Not really intense pain, just more annoying. Not my jaw, but around the right side of my chin.
It is usually when I am anxious or my stomach is bothering me...

Hope you are well!
b

Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Yes! I can definately agree with you about the digestive issues and anxiety. I have all of it. I never had a stomach issue in my life until the past few years. I am now 47. I even had a scope down my throat and the doctor found nothing wrong. But I can tell you that it is very real. I am dealing with it day by day. I am on Prevacid now and then. I stop it for awhile because it make my hair fall out and has some bad side effects. We just can't win can we? Hang in there! I guess its part of the change. But no one told me how bad it would be. I have had night sweats bad for the past few nights. Take care now! It will be ok.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

ladywolford HB User

i limped through a lot of it with maalox and vichy water. i feel for you.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #6
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

HI - sorry I did not see your post - I do not get chin pain

Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Thanks Willow..we are finding that it is part of my TMJ. It is really crazy!!
I will say, that most of my stomach problems are cyclical.
It is accompanied by anxiety..YUC!
One doctor wants to put me on Prozac..not sure if that is the path I want to take?????

Anyway, take care of yourself!
b

Old 03-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #8
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User

Can chronic nausea be attributed to menopause? Boy, that would explain a lot! I'm also experiencing some anxiety (single parent to 2 teenage ADHD daughters) but I thougth it was normal, given my circumstances. Also, the muscles in my legs ache daily and I sit at a desk all day. Feels like I ran a marathon! My once predictable migraines are now very unpredictable (on Depo Provera).

I was hoping that I'd be one of those people who breezed through this whole menopause thing. The only thing that bothers me terribly are the migraines. I can deal with the rest of it.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Jrzgrl64...I have so many aches and pains I can't even count them... My legs ache, I have nausea to a point I wish I would throw up..I am tired and really all I want to do is cry most of the time. Most of my symptoms are the worst during PMS and Ovulation. I think that gives me about 2 good days a month, LOL!
I have 2 children as well and my husband works away from home 4 out of 7 days. And I take care of my aging Mother (who has Dementia), and teach school.
I have heard many women say "Embrace the Change".. REALLY???, they obviously have not had a date with Perimenopause!

Hang in there Girl!! I think we will make it, but we have to stick together!!

b.

The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyLife414 For This Useful Post:
Jrzgrl64 (03-10-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
(female)

Jrzgrl64 HB User

So glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. It gives me hope knowing this won't/shouldn't last forever. Sometimes I wonder if I should go off the Depo Provera to see where I'm at with my periods. Then, I read about the women who get their periods every two weeks and change my mind! LOL! Have had a migraine almost every day for just over a week. Also feeling that old period crampiness right along with the migraines. That's new. The expense of Zomig is killing me! My pharmacy charges $85 for a box of 3 pills. I cut them in half. I'm on my second box in 8 days.

Hoping this is just a "migraine phase" that will last a little while, then go back to normal. I'll trade these headaches for hot flashes, sore legs and heart palps any day of the week.

If reincarnation is real, I wanna come back as a man next time.

Closed Thread