It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

sandy0055 HB User
Anyone who crossed the 12-mo mark into menopause . . .

If you have crossed the 12 months with no period point into full menopause I'd like to hear from you how it went and is going. The closer you got to the magic 12-month mark did your symptoms get worse or better? After you crossed into full menopause, did your symptoms subside or I've heard sometimes that's when they get really bad or new symptoms appear. How long after that time did things get better (I sure hope they did) and how do you feel now? How long did the entire journey take for you and how old were you? I know it's different for everyone, but would sure like to hear from some of you who have been there. Really need something to look forward to but want have realistic expectations. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Re: Anyone who crossed the 12-mo mark into menopause . . .

I would like to know too. I am seven months without any period. i sure hope there is light at the end of the tunnel because right now i feel terrible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
(female)

sandy0055 HB User

I'm with you. Bad thing is, I went 7 months without a period then started having them again regularly for the next 6 months, now I think I have missed one again. Thought I was getting there now back to square one. So frustrating.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I went on HRT directly from birth control when I was missing periods even on the pill at age 57. So, I never had any symptoms (we had adjusted my bcp for peri issues several years prior to this) and never had a period again once I started the HRT.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
(female)

sandy0055 HB User

Have you since gone off the pill or are you still on it? If you are off, did you have any issues when you stopped?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You don't take bcp and HRT at the same time. And yes, I am still on HRT and will be as long as my doctor will give me a scrip! I'm 66 now and REALLY not in the mood to go thru all that for 2-3 years. Neither my PCP nor my gyno has problem with me staying on it. There is no history of breast or ovarian cancer in my immediate family. I have one uncle on my mother's side who developed pancreatic cancer at age 82. Other than that, no cancer in the family. I get my mammo every year, paps on schedule, never missed one of either so I think I'm OK...sister is the same way and she's been on HRT for 35 years since she had a hysterectomy! She's a year younger than I am.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
(female)

tootired2care HB User

Which HRT med/s are you on? I have had trouble taking the cheaper generic forms of estrogen and Premarin costs $60/month even with insurance. I've been taking HRT for 10 years because I can't handle the hot flashes. No cancers in my family either. Lately, I've decided to wean myself off - have tried in the past and could not sleep due to night sweats, insomnia. I gradually came down to 1/2 my usual dose but the night sweats are coming back - not as bad as expected but I'm not weaned off yet either. If I could find something cheaper than Premarin - I might give up the fight and stay on HRT as I have osteoporosis.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

I'm on generic activella (estradial norenthendrone). If your insurance doesn't have it cheap, I found it in Canada for $69 including shipping for a 3 month supply....

Closed Thread