It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
(female)

sandy0055 HB User
For Heartburn/Acid Reflux--something to try

Though I don't have chronic acid reflux, I've had bouts of heartburn/reflux with peri. I am trying something called d-limonene (orange peel oil). It's a gel cap you take once every other day for 20 days and supposedly your heartburn/reflux is gone and doesn't come back, though many people say they take it once a month or so to keep it in check. My daughter has had really bad reflux for years, especially at night and doesn't want to take the PPI's so I'm trying this and am having her try it. The first time I took it about 1/2 - 1 hr later I felt bloated, some queasiness (nausea is a big peri symptom for me) and had the orange burps for 2-3 hrs. The second time was better, just the orange burps and kind of a recurring orange oil taste. Third and fourth times were mild. I haven't had any really bad heartburn pain since, but do still get a warm feeling in my throat/chest sometimes. I'll let you know how it goes. If it works for my daughter it will be a life saver (she was living on tums and that's not good). You can google it and read the research. Hope it can work for some of you too. I'm so ready to feel like myself again.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
(female)

tootired2care HB User
Re: For Heartburn/Acid Reflux--something to try

Some forms of HRT and/or birthcontrol (containing estrogen) cause the LES muscle to relax and allow stomach acids to wash up into the esophagus. My daughter cannot take birth control at all due to this. I had severe acid reflux while taking estropipate but with Premarin - no problem. Just wanted to mention this because you rarely see this as a side effect on estrogen containing drugs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

skillfullyboard HB User
Re: For Heartburn/Acid Reflux--something to try

There are also several natural supplements that can help women with symptoms as such. Black Cohosh, Chasteberry, and Milk Thistle have shown to work pretty good from my experience...(I'm not a woman I just love researching vitamins and supplements.) There are so many things that can be naturally prevented by supplements and there are also many pre existing conditions that supplements can help in the treatment of. If you have any questions about vitamins please don't hesitate to message me

Closed Thread