It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

fena HB User
Angry getting to sleep problem and fast heart beat

hi, i'm 50 and post-menopausal and my heart beats fast then to normal beats. is this due to menopause? and can't seem to get to sleep. sometimes lay there for hours. is this due to menopause as well?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: getting to sleep problem and fast heart beat

I think it's all part of menopause and peri-menopause. I've gone and am going through both. My heart doesn't really speed up. Sometimes on occasion it will. But my biggest heart issue is the flopping palpitations. I hate them but have learned to live with them. I did have a full cardio workup in 2010 when they began and my heart is fine, so I don't get worried I'm going to croak from them.

The sleeping has been my biggest complaint in the past 6 mos. I sort of started my sleep problems with a schedule change, but the anxiety from the peri-meno drove it. Hormones cause fragmented and poor sleep anyway, then I prolonged it till it turned into chronic insomnia. So not only do I have to try and level out my hormones, I have to try and retrain my brain to sleep again.

I am just completing my first month of being on progesterone supps for the past 2 weeks and must say I feel calmer than I have in a long time. Physically and mentally. And I'm due to get my period in 2 days and I'm usually really whacko about now. But no unprovoked feeling of anxiety and my sleep has been a little better.

I would have to say these past 6mos of peri-meno have been the worst I've ever had. Everything up to this point has be manageable. This past 6mos has not been, at all. But hopefully I've got some plan put together for me that might make it back into the manageable camp.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
Re: getting to sleep problem and fast heart beat

Hi,

I have had fast heart beats at times too in bed. Then it makes me anxious and I can't sleep. I don't know if it's because of peri or anxious or what. The fast heartbeat does not happen very often but is scary when it does.

Closed Thread