It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

priceice HB User
Angry Menopause is hard....

I am 43 and was officially diagnosed as post menopausal. It all started when I was about 38/39. Haven't had a period in a couple of years, so...

My question is this...why in the world would I go through menopause so early? My mother didn't go through until her late 50's. I just can't wrap my head around that. I have really weird heart flip flops at night and was told it had nothing to do with menopause. I had and EKG and it was fine.

I guess I'm just looking for someone who's been where I am. If you have any insight or wisdom to impart please feel free to answer :-)

~Why would I go through menopause so early? I feel like an old lady!
~Does anyone else's heart go crazy at night?
~Will I be hot forever?
~When I am stressed I get a big hot flash...is that normal?
~Do any of those over the counter meds work?

I was on Combipatch but got off, becaise I thought it was silly. Maybe I should rethink that.

Thanks for reading.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Menopause is hard....

All of that is normal. Maybe you went thru a little young but it does happen often. Get back on the hormones or wait for another year or two and the symptoms should go away on their own (usually last 3-4 years)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Re: Menopause is hard....

I'm 45 and menopausal, as well. My mother didn't go through menopause until her 50's either, so it surprised me that I was at this age. I have no idea why I'm so early compared to her and my grandmothers. I feel the same as you, "old." I've brought this topic up to other women and am always told "already?" (They're all quite older than me, which makes me feel even "older")

I get PVC's and heart palpitations, too. They just about drive me crazy. My doctor said they're completely normal with menopause. Even though I put it in my mind that it's normal, when it starts occurring, it throws you into a panic of sorts. Wonderful, isn't it?

I can't elaborate on hot flashes. I haven't been plagued with those, but constant chills instead. As for home remedies, I haven't tried anything. I've been doing quite a bit of research and nothing OTC gets promising reviews.

I've read that menopause symptoms can last between 3-10 years.

Closed Thread