It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

mentalcompass HB User
Need some assistance reading these results

Hello. I'm 42 and I'm having lots of strange medical problems. I've had a few women tell me I am likely crossing that bridge. I would hope, that's a simple solution, I can stop running around doing scans and tests. Anyway, I had my doctor do my bloodwork on the second or third day of my menstural cycle.

We got these these numbers below, he said they're fine but when I look at the reference ranges, it seems off for the time we tested. I am hoping someone knows how to read these. I feel like I'm off balance, hormonal or I dont know what, it's really, really, really weird. I am having so many issues, digestion, neurological (it seems), yeast infections, etc., mood swings off the charts, anxiety bursts, etc., It's kinda scary. No, I take that back, it is totally scary.

Hoping someone here knows how to understand these measurements.

FSH - 15.9
LH 14.9
PROGESTERONE 0.5
Prolactin 4.6
Estradiol 52

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Need some assistance reading these results

HI,
I don't know anything at all about your numbers but you do sound as if you are nearing the menopause.
I was lucky I had my menopause at 49 yrs old and did not have one single symptom and I put that down to (Oil of Evening Primrose ) which I took four yrs before the menopause. I honestly feel this helped as my friends sister was given the same thing after a Hysterectomy which must mean it helps with the Hormones.
I,m sorry I cant offer you any other advice. What has your Dr recommended.

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
(female)

mentalcompass HB User

They said the numbers looked fine but I disagree, they are totally out-of-range for the time that I tested. It clearly shows on the lab report the reference ranges. I asked and they did not have answers for me.

Sigh.

I asked two doctors, they didn't think the numbers were a big but did not seem really reliable.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Looks like your either menopausal or perimenopausal. Are you still having your period? Your FSH looks maybe perimenopausal. I promise you that you won't get ANY help from a regular doctor, especially if it's a man. They just don't get it. I am 49 and completely suffering from perimenopausal symptoms at the moment. I have started seeing a natural doctor (a woman) who seems to understand this better. Hopefully I will get some relief from all this mess. I can tell you it isn't any fun.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, your FSH should be in the mid 30 range to be menopausal but it certainly is moving that way. Normally they like to do the test the day before you start your period. Or at least it was that way 10 years ago when I was going thru this. Maybe that's changed? Anyway, I'd just recommend a change in bcp if you are on them. If not, maybe get on them - if you can. All they did was adjust my bcp a couple of times when I was in peri till I finally just went on HRT.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
(female)

monica007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalcompass View Post
Hello. I'm 42 and I'm having lots of strange medical problems. I've had a few women tell me I am likely crossing that bridge. I would hope, that's a simple solution, I can stop running around doing scans and tests. Anyway, I had my doctor do my bloodwork on the second or third day of my menstural cycle.

We got these these numbers below, he said they're fine but when I look at the reference ranges, it seems off for the time we tested. I am hoping someone knows how to read these. I feel like I'm off balance, hormonal or I dont know what, it's really, really, really weird. I am having so many issues, digestion, neurological (it seems), yeast infections, etc., mood swings off the charts, anxiety bursts, etc., It's kinda scary. No, I take that back, it is totally scary.

Hoping someone here knows how to understand these measurements.

FSH - 15.9
LH 14.9
PROGESTERONE 0.5
Prolactin 4.6
Estradiol 52
You could always ask to try a low dose of estrogen.
I used and LOVED the patches.
Climara is once a week and Vivelle is twice a week.
I would start with the mid range dose cause the low doses do nothing.
Just a thought.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
(female)

monica007 HB User

oooops, sorry..hit wrong button.

Last edited by monica007; 03-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Closed Thread