It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

whitsmom HB User
Confused about symptoms!

My gyn feels that I am in perimenopause and I know that I am getting deeper into it; more symptoms, etc. But, I'm wondering if all of them are menopause and thought I'd get a few responses from some of you! I do know that I have about a 3cm uterine fibroid, so that possibly could cause some of this, too. I just don't know!!

I typically have a 3-4 day period. Not heavy, usually, then it stops. A few days to a week later, it starts again with brownish, older looking blood. That last 2-3 days then stops. Last month, it did this, then two weeks later, I started again; lasted about 3 days. Then, about a week later, I started again, but it was more of a red/pink slimy discharge. Not really enough for a pad, but enough that it would stain underwear without one. That has kind of tapered off now, but I woke up this morning with cramps, headache and an ache way down low in my back; more in my tailbone, I guess. All signs of PMS, but only a spot of rather clear discharge.

Do any of you have this situation? Not sure if it's typical at my age(almost 51), or what to think!!

Last edited by whitsmom; 03-08-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: correction

Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Confused about symptoms!

I'd lean more towards the fibroid doing it...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

that's kind of what i went through before my periods finally ended. you may just be getting closer to menopause. i ended up having another period after being in menopause for 2 1/2 years. you never know what your gonna get with these darn hormones. hey...why don't men have them?? that's right....theirs is testosterone. lucky buggers...lol. do get that fibroid checked though.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
(female)

cjanierun HB User

Hi there,
I read where you had a period after 2 1/2 years without? Did they do tests on you? I am about that same place, have been having cramps for about 6 months now. Healthy, my tests from my yearly physical came back really good. My GYN is sending me tomorrow for a vaginal ultrasound followed by either a uterine biospy or a D&C depending on the outcome of the ultrasound. Just was wondering if you went to the doctor when you had another period and if so, what they told you?? thanks so much!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

when you have a period that late in menopause, they tend to suspect endometriosis and want to biopsy the cervix. there's another test that they do where they inject fluid into it to see what's going on. i had had a biopsy that was done 2 years previous and no cancerous cells were found. nothing was found. so the gyna just told me that if i ever have another period to call his office immediately. reason he couldn't do the testing was that my cervix is scarred badly and i believe it was the other gyna that scarred it when he did the biopsy. so...if i have another period i will have to have it done surgically. i'm not concerned since the previous biopsy showed nothing anyway. like i said...it's not uncommon for a woman in meopause for 3 to 5 years to have a period. don't worry your little head off. i'm sure you're just entering menopause.

Last edited by boobootwo; 03-08-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: correction in spelling

Old 03-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
(female)

whitsmom HB User

Thanks for your replies. So many things happen every month, I'm not sure what to think. Hate having that discharge, as well as my period! I'd like to go without a pad for at least a few days a month!! Oh, what fun!! I'm not having anymore babies, so shut it off already!!! :-)

Old 03-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
(female)

hang in there sweetie. everything will work itself out. i was fine and so you will be.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
(female)

cjanierun HB User

Thanks so much for your reply. Had the ultrasound done yesterday. Was bit more uncomfortable than the others I have had, but she probed a bit more as well.
Just have to wait on the results now. I really appreciate your email. I will be happy when this is done. The waiting is crazy but am trying to take your advice and not worry. I feel healthy and all my yearly tests came back really good. Blood work etc....I had my thyroid totally removed last year due to a lot of nodules on it and the biopsy came back inconclusive so we decided to take it and live on meds. the report came back negative so that was great. But I sometimes wonder if that has anything to do with this. It was after I had it removed that I started noticing the cramps were beginning. But who know. Again, thanks and the waiting begins Have a great day!

Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
(female)

i'm kind of surprised that you had your thyroid removed. i've had tons of nodules in my thyroid since i can remember and even had a biopsy done which came back negative. it's quite common for a lot of people to have nodules. even my mom did. all i do now is go for a yearly ultrasound to make sure there's no changes in the size of any of them. if you were symptomatic of different things then maybe that was the right choice. glad your unltrasound went okay and like i said....don't waste the time worrying....wait for the results. oh.....remember when i told you about having periods in menopause? i'm spotting today....darn!! guess i'm going to have to make an appt with the gyna again!! geez....would be nice to just be normal...lol.

Closed Thread