It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

twhrider HB User
Dr. says I'm having hormonal changes, but...

I have had some weird things happening the last few months and am hoping that someone else can relate? I started seeing some minor pains in my lower abdomen in September would start about the time you would ovulate then off and on till my period would start. Now the last few months have had some really weird things going on. I went to see a Gyno and she said "it's normal" and probably starting to see some hormonal changes. I am 44 years.

In January, right before my period, severe bloating and then nauseated the next day and then period started. not much flow.

February, about a week before my period I had a sick feeling, then hot feeling massive sweating and started to black out. Anxiety attacks all week until period started. Then period started with cramps and bad cramping for a few days and horrible abdominal pain..felt a pop and figured I had a small bowel obstruction that let go. The Dr. said that it's probably something I ate (popcorn, nuts, etc) getting stuck and have IBS too. This period not much flow either. She also did a pelvic exam at this visit and said nothing felt abnormal.

March have had my period for a few days now, a little more flow, but bad cramps every day and sometimes it hurts to urinate...not like a bladder infection, but like it's touching something else. Alot of bloating at the beginning of period and seemed to have hard time to digest anything.

Went to the Chiropractor today and she said my pelvis was really tight and might have been contributing to the pain. My Gyno Dr. said that during the last half of your cycle the muscles get looser like pregnancy, so wondering if that is causing this pelvic muscle issue.

I'm wondering if this is really the start of menopause or peri? Anyone have similar issues? I don't want to deal with this kind of pain at each period until it stops someday and wondering if there is something I can try. Anyone use Raspberry leave tea to help with any of this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
(female)

LSF HB UserLSF HB User
Re: Dr. says I'm having hormonal changes, but...

I can relate to what you are saying. I started having mild abdominal pain at the same time in my cycle that you report, many years before I was in the peri stage, the pains started after I ovulated and up until my period. I never got to the bottom of it but I did notice that after I stopped taking Glucosamine it wasn't as bad. I wish I had something constructive to tell you as to how to deal with it,as my doctor was totally unhelpful, didn't do any examinations and just wanted to prescribe prosac for all my symptoms which are similar to yours except for the popping incident. The abdominal pain has been less intense and prolonged since I stopped ovulating but its come back mildly in the last week. However, I am now 52 and am in the perimenopause stage and so my symptoms are still similar to yours but not falling into any pattern and can occur during and after my period - there is no longer any way of understanding what stage I am in my cycle by what symptoms I am having. It does get better, the more exercise, rest, relaxation, deep breathing and meditation you can do, the more it will help to take the edge of the symptoms. I found that the medical profession could not help me, nor could any medications and that it was down to me mentally making my peace with myself that these symptoms were part of my bodies way of finding a new hormonal balance and the more I trusted that my body would find its own way through, the better I felt. Its not easy and at times I forget and go backwards as I have lately but I know the answers lie within me and I need to go deep within, let go and ask my body what it needs at that time to feel better - no matter how strange the answer may be. At the end of the day, no-one in the medical profession makes us better, they facilitate the conditions that allow the body to heal itself and it has its own intelligence that, if we could trust it more fully, would get us through this time in a much calmer and more peaceful way - easier said than done I know! I hope things improve for you soon, the most important thing to be mindful of, once you have the all clear from the medical profession, is that these symptoms do not necessarily mean anything is wrong, accept its just part of an intelligent process that the body needs to go through, so do not see it with fear or resistance and then the symptoms can move through you and out of you more quickly. My heart goes out to you at this time and I really hope you find comfort and that these symptoms ease for you very soon. I have used raspberry leaf tea - I was advised to take it a week before my period so that it built up in my system and it did greatly help with the menstrual cramps, so I would recommend it.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
(female)

twhrider HB User

Thank you for that!!

I do feel that I am probably more sensitive to what it happening and my Dr. said that I seemed to be very aware of what is happening in my body, more so than some people.

I need to look at this as a transition in life I think and adjust. Maybe I am trying to be in control and maybe my body is the one that needs to be during this time.

I am going to try the Raspberry Leaves Tea then. I thought of this, because I have a horse that has terrible heat cycles and use Raspberry Leaves for her. I guess I figured if it works for her, maybe it would be good for me too! LOL

I am glad to hear I am not alone in this and again, thank you for the nice post. It gives me hope that I can get through this.

Carol

Old 03-31-2012, 04:37 AM   #4
(female)

LSF HB UserLSF HB User

Glad I could help a little - I am also very sensitive and acutely aware of any changes in my body that a medical instrument would not pick up, so at least we know why! Take care and good luck with the Raspberry Leaf Tea, it does help cure the menstrual cramps on a long term basis if you take it for several cycles, you may even find you don't need to have it anymore as I did.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
(female)

cupcake88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF View Post
I can relate to what you are saying. I started having mild abdominal pain at the same time in my cycle that you report, many years before I was in the peri stage, the pains started after I ovulated and up until my period. I never got to the bottom of it but I did notice that after I stopped taking Glucosamine it wasn't as bad. I wish I had something constructive to tell you as to how to deal with it,as my doctor was totally unhelpful, didn't do any examinations and just wanted to prescribe prosac for all my symptoms which are similar to yours except for the popping incident. The abdominal pain has been less intense and prolonged since I stopped ovulating but its come back mildly in the last week. However, I am now 52 and am in the perimenopause stage and so my symptoms are still similar to yours but not falling into any pattern and can occur during and after my period - there is no longer any way of understanding what stage I am in my cycle by what symptoms I am having. It does get better, the more exercise, rest, relaxation, deep breathing and meditation you can do, the more it will help to take the edge of the symptoms. I found that the medical profession could not help me, nor could any medications and that it was down to me mentally making my peace with myself that these symptoms were part of my bodies way of finding a new hormonal balance and the more I trusted that my body would find its own way through, the better I felt. Its not easy and at times I forget and go backwards as I have lately but I know the answers lie within me and I need to go deep within, let go and ask my body what it needs at that time to feel better - no matter how strange the answer may be. At the end of the day, no-one in the medical profession makes us better, they facilitate the conditions that allow the body to heal itself and it has its own intelligence that, if we could trust it more fully, would get us through this time in a much calmer and more peaceful way - easier said than done I know! I hope things improve for you soon, the most important thing to be mindful of, once you have the all clear from the medical profession, is that these symptoms do not necessarily mean anything is wrong, accept its just part of an intelligent process that the body needs to go through, so do not see it with fear or resistance and then the symptoms can move through you and out of you more quickly. My heart goes out to you at this time and I really hope you find comfort and that these symptoms ease for you very soon. I have used raspberry leaf tea - I was advised to take it a week before my period so that it built up in my system and it did greatly help with the menstrual cramps, so I would recommend it.

Closed Thread