It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

cjanierun HB User
D&C Scheduled for next week

Hi Everyone, OK, here is the deal.....3 years menopausal....started having cramps. Went to GYN. Had a transvaginal ultrasound. Results came back good other than my uterus lining was a bit thicker than they wanted. Normal is 5c and mine is 6. Had a biopsy two years ago for the same thing, came back normal. Doctor feels confident that all is good...not so much worried there...worried about the procedure itself.
Have had gallbladder removed, thyroid removed. Thyroid was normal except for a few nodules. Recovered fine. I just hate being put under. She said it will take longer to get me prepped and put me under the the actual procedure.
Has anyone out there had a D&C? I need to be back to work Thursday. Taking Wed. off. Being done as an out patient. Can anyone give me any feedback. Remember, I am truly a silly nilly when it comes to hospitals. Understand the things that can go wrong, don't need to rehear that, just about the recovery....please. I typically get really sick afterwards....will I be under long enough for that to happen? Also, how about the cramping, bleeding...is it bad or bearable? Thanks so much for anyone reading or answering this for me. I appreciate any feedback given. janie

Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Re: D&C Scheduled for next week

Your Doctor is right no need to worry. D& C is literally the scrapping of the uterine lining. You will be fine. I had one for heavy bleeding due to fibriods. Once you are put to sleep you don't feel anything. When you wake up you feel a lilittle wuuzzy just from anesthetics. there is very little bleeding just like period. as for cramping I didn't feel much really. But as they say every woman is different. i did mine in the afternoon stayed at hospital overnight and went home the next morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
(female)

cjanierun HB User

Thanks so much..really appreciate your feedback. Mine will be @ 3:00 and home that evening. Will be glad when it is over, this time next week, I will be sleeping soundly and enjoying the weekend. For now, my stomach is getting more nervous as the minutes tick by. But I know all will be fine....I appreciate again your getting back to me. j

Old 04-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
(female)

Cindy89 HB User

You are welcome. Any kind of surgery is nerve wrecking. i understand what you are going thru. Just try to take it easy for a day or two.Good luck.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User

I have also had a d&c and it was very quick and I felt fine afterwards. Not really any pain. When I woke up after it was over the nurse asked me if I wanted something for pain and I said no. I told her that I felt perfectly normal, like nothing had been done. Very little bleeding and back to normal activities after a couple of days. I know its hard not to worry, but it really is a piece of cake.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
(female)

cjanierun HB User

Thanks so much for the reply. I am positive all will be fine, just a bit nervous about hospitals, but love my doctor and I know she will do a great job. Better be great afterwards, I have a day to recover and then my Thurs. and Friday are crazy at work.....so onward and upward, lets get this over and done with!!!! Thanks again..

Closed Thread