It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

SierraSunset HB User
Could this be Perimenopause or Cancer

I am not sure if I am in the right forum for my questions but I would like to get others opinions of my situation. Last month i had an early period (25 days since my last period). Which was on March 3. My period came again March 27. The bleeding was alot more than usual with clots, no cramps just heavy bleeding and clots. It lasted for 5 days and then calmed down to light spotting and I thought my period was going away. somewhere around 2 days after when i wiped I saw brown blood that went on for another 3 or 4 days but only when I wiped. The next couple days I didn't see any blood at all when I wiped so i had sexual intercourse and bam the blood was back the next morning, bright red like another period. I am like what the heck is this! So i called my Dr and he wanted to do a uterine biopsy. He did it, it hurt very bad and I am waiting for my results to come back. This is the first month I ever had anything like this, my periods are usually on time every 30 days and last 5 to 6 days. I also want to mention that a couple weeks before this period, my stomach was extremely bloated, I mean I looked about 8 months pregnant and i had stabbing pains thru my right breast. My breasts were also very sore thru out the month. Even going thru the spotting after this period, my boobs never stopped hurting. I don't know what caused such severe bloating but it was not pretty. My pants did not even fit me. Could this be the start of perimenopause I am 39 yrs old. My dr. said I am too young for that, but I dont think I am. I don't have any children. I am worried about this being uterine cancer, I have not gotten results and its been 5 days. Has anyone gone thru anything similiar and it turned out to be something else. Your thoughts are very important to me...Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User
Re: Could this be Perimenopause or Cancer

I did have a similar situation. My biopsy came back normal and was told to give it time to see if my periods would straighten out because everything seemed normal. Things continued to get worse and had an internal sonogram done and it was discovered that I had a very large fibroid. I had a hysterectomy 9 weeks ago. If your biopsy comes back normal please ask for a Sonogram.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jaye66:
Hummingbird913 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

SierraSunset HB User

Hi Jaye, thanks for responding to me. How old are you are you in perimenopause? Do fibroids always mean you need a hysterectomy or can they be taken out? Did you have any pain with your fibroid? I didnt have any menstrual cramps or any pain with my last period.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User

Hi Sierra, I am 45 and no where near menopause yet. No, fibroids don't always require you to have a hysterectomy. I started hemorrhaging and lost a ton of blood and had no choice, but to have one. I started out last July with prolonged bleeding that got worse as time went on. I did have pain and cramping. I always had normal pap smears and my biopsy was normal, but I did have blood work that showed I was severely anemic. If you continue to have issues I make sure they do more testing to be sure.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
(female)

Brenda7777 HB User

Hi I had similar symptoms to yourself, bloating, clotting and I was also finding sexual intercourse to be uncomfortable. I am 39 years old. I was worried, however it turned out I had 3 fibroids on my uterus (of which one was the size of a golf ball). What happens when you have fibroids is that it the blood from your period can get blocked/trapped due to the large clots. I am guessing when you had sex you it released the blockage. Please note I am not a doctor therefore it is important you continue getting yourself checked out. Due to the size of the fibroids I had and the positioning of them I opted to have the UAE (Uterine Artery Embolization) procedure which is carried out under local anesthetic. The operation only lasted 45 minutes and was not at all uncomfortable, however I have to say the pain for the few days immediately afterwards was not at all pleasant (worse than any period cramps I have ever had). It took 3-4 weeks for me to feel allot better. However it is now nearly 6 months on and I have to say I no period pain or clotting (very light), no pain during intercourse and my stomach is no longer bloated. People have actually commented that I have lost weight so I now realise how large my stomach was just from the bloating caused by fibroids. If you require any more advise just drop me a note on the forum and I will try and get back to you asap. Good luck x

Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
(female)

Hummingbird913 HB User

Oh gosh - STRESSFUL! I also have a fibroid and this could be the culprit. The biopsy can take a few days but after 5 I would call and say "I'm stressing - how much longer should I expect to wait?" if it's normal, it could just be sitting in a pile for nurses to make calls. I agree with the other posters who say look further. The biopsy will probably be normal but that won't indicate the presence of fibroids Or cyst. A thorough GYN ultrasound should be done in my opinion. Although this can be perimenopause, you are quite young. Most GYN issues are not cancer so trying not to worry. I know, easier said than done!

Cindi

Closed Thread