It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
(female)

Hummingbird913 HB User
Question Ovarian Cysts

Hi Ladies,

Ugh! My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. It is so frustrating that there is so little information available on menopause. If men went through this, it would be considered a disability - lol!

I began symptoms about a year and a half ago now but had no idea what was going on. My GYN sent me to the cardiologist for the heart palpitations but nothing was found. I ended up on antidepressants, anti anxiety meds and sleeping pills just to cope.

I have fiber cystic breast disease and we are always watching cysts on one or both sides. One radiologist explained I just make cysts! Now we have found a cyst on my right ovary two months ago and now both ovaries this last month during ultrasounds as well as a uterine fibroid. I have not had a period in almost 3 months. My GYN has decided to try 10 days of Provera to bring on a period and then look at my ovaries again. I am terrified of ovarian cancer and wonder how common these cysts are during perimemopause or if this will now be memopause. From what I have read, ovarian cyst doing menopause are very serious. My doctor has already indicated that surgery will be the next step if this cysts are still there. Does that make sense? I am also looking into using progesterone cream and wondering if anyone has had experience with that.

Many thanks,
Cindi

Closed Thread