It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
(female)

dutchlove20 HB User
strange feeling in head...could it be menopause related

I'm about to turn 50 and have irregular periods. 10 days late, 5 days early, severe periods for the last year ...But for the first time my period stayed away for 2 1/2 months this spring but then I got it again 2 weeks ago. During that first absence I started having some strange symptoms. Some sounds like humming in my head/ear 2 short dizzy spells that lasted 20 seconds or so and now the last 3 days a strange kind of feeling in my head that is hard to describe.....tightness, heavy , humming , a bit lightheaded....kind of like It's the onset for a migraine without the migraine kicking in. It's very unpleasant bc it makes me feel a bit off balance. I have some hot flashes and other common symptoms but nothing too bad....just this is something that I didn;t count on .....could this be related to menopause? I just started taking estroven this week in the hope that it will go away.

Has anyone had similar symptoms????and any advice what helps??

Last edited by dutchlove20; 04-21-2012 at 01:36 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to dutchlove20 For This Useful Post:
waggytail (06-08-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
(female)

vege lover HB User
Re: strange feeling in head...could it be menopause related

This is my first day as a member, and my first post. Wow- What you are describing about the buzzing in your head/ear as well as feeling like a migraine is coming on, is something that I have been feeling for 10 days now. At first I had thought it was a minor migraine, or that my neck was out. I've been to my chiropractor twice thinking that would take care of it, though nothing has changed. Yesterday was the first day that I felt the buzzing in my ear and the tightness. It almost felt like the after affects if you got hit on the side of the head, sort of a stunned feeling in the head. Also, my left eye is feeling achy as well. I was going to make an appointment with an eye Dr. thinking that perhaps something is going on with my vision and causing these symtoms. I have been taking Estroven for a few years. I was on the Estradiol Patch and Prometrium pill for 4 or 5 years now, and just stopped 8 weeks ago. I was thinking perhaps that was why these symptoms were happening. Sorry I can't help with any input, other than sharing some similarities !

Last edited by vege lover; 05-20-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
(female)

kittylady HB User
Re: strange feeling in head...could it be menopause related

I searched through the boards for "strange feeling" and your post came up. I see it's still open, so I just decided to describe mine.

I had a very strange feeling in my head when I looked down at a sheet of paper. I felt kind of breathless for a second, and a very odd feeling inside my head like I was sliding or dropping. Not exactly like dizziness, since I didn't feel like I was spinning, just feeling very off balance, like I was going to fall off the earth. I felt a bit panicky for a moment, then calmed myself down by telling myself it was probably anxiety or hormones. I am 51, and am having a lot more strange feelings this year. I had a feeling kind of like this a few months ago after getting off an elevator, not as pronounced though.

I don't have any inner ear problems that would explain it. I think I am just chalking it up to hormones for now.

Closed Thread