It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
(female)

mmg41 HB User
chinese herbs and acupuncture for menopause

Hi Ladies...I am 41 and I am going through perimenopause. I have been since I was 37. But this past year , WOW. Depression, anxiety, night sweats, shakiness, moodiness, etc.

I finally had enough. So I found a great chinese acupuncturist. I went for the first time yesterday. She also put me on several herbs to control the nasty symptoms of perimenopause.

It has only been one day on the herbs. I will have to let them get into my system for a while to see if they help.

Anyone out there, tried herbal medicine and acupuncture for relief?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: chinese herbs and acupuncture for menopause

I've tried acupuncture and found it had the reverse effect on me. It didn't help calm me, in fact it caused far too much stimulation. I tried it with 2 different acupuncturists just to be sure one might be doing something different or "wrong" for my issues. But I had the same response. In fact, one acupuncturist caused me to have tachycardia on both occasions. I have no idea how he did it, but after he got the pins in and I'd be laying there relaxing, all of a sudden my heart would just begin speeding up. As soon as he pulled some of the pins out, then it slowed back down. I didn't like that and decided, for me, acupuncture wasn't going to work.

A couple of years ago I saw a traditional chinese doctor/acupuncturist. He wanted me to take some tea that would help with anxiety and my symptoms. I was a little freaked about taking it because he didn't even know what herbs were in it. I always try to confirm liver toxicity when I take herbals and supplements and I couldn't verify any of them because the box was in Chinese and he (Chinese himself) could read the herbs but didn't know what they were.

I hope it works for you. Keep us posted. I wish the acupuncture worked for me because so many people rave about it's results. I just happen to be wired up differently than most

Last edited by irisrose; 05-03-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread