It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
(female)

God girl HB User
43 yrs old and POST MENTOPAUSE????

Hey, This is my first post on here ever so I hope I do this correctly.

I have always had a very regular period, except when pregnant. I also have always been very fertile. I had my first child at 17 yrs old and my second at 21 yrs old. After that I had several miscarriages and one was an ectopic pregnancy with they removed my right tube and overy.
FOr about 10 years I did not use birth control and never became pregant. At 40 I thought something was going on and Iwas thinking pre mentopause, but it turned out I was pregnant. SO I now have three girl ( ages 26 yrs old, 22 yrs old and 3 yrs old)
Since getting pregnant at 40 my body has gone through so many crazy things ans really has never been back to my self since.
SO my mood swings, anxiety , depression, weight gain(even more after delivery at 40). Finally I got test to see what is going on and along with type 2 diabetes I am told I am POST mentopause... and I have the test results, all levels of three differnt test show I am post mentopause.

A year ago I was put on birth control pills, they were the seasonic version and after a couple of months as much as I dislike my periods I just felt not having one was not right for me . so I discontinued the medication. I never resumed my period and was given meds to make it start on several occasions over the past year. The last time the meds did not work and I had to take to rounds of meds but when period resumed it has been irratic which is a BIG sign for me who has always had clockwork periods.
I wonder if having a baby late in life caused this, I wonder if something else is going on and further test should be done...
I am shocked and worried and relieved all at the same time... can anyone give me any input or advise please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 43 yrs old and POST MENTOPAUSE????

No matter the FSH levels, you have to have gone 12 months without a period to be post meopausal. I can't discern from your post if it's been that long. I doubt the seasonique or the baby caused all this. I think your body was just ready to stop having periods. Menopause at your age isn't that unusual. If you FSH level is above 36 or so, you are at least going thru menopause.

Last edited by Titchou; 05-11-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
(female)

God girl HB User

Thanks for your input. I am just in shock that the P.A told me I was post mentopause. I have not been but 2 months without a normal period. My FSH level is 42.0... My Estrdiol level is 15...my Lutinizing hormone is 39.1. I have no idea what any of this means, I will be seeing my gyn on Monday. all the test results do howeve have the grid to show where in mentopause what level each should be. The PA called me and told me Iwas post mentopause, but I am really just an IDK what to do kind of place.. any direction or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm not sure of what you mean by you don't know what to do. You can either try to get thru it without any meds, go on HRT, or use homeopathic type products to help with symptoms. With an FSH of that level, I would say you are definitely going thru. Hope this helps.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User

Shocking, isn't it?

Like you, my periods were like clock-work all of my life until I missed two in a row. After I missed the second, I went to my doctor who ran blood work and told me that I was "menopausal." I was shocked to say the least, my mother didn't go through menopause until her 50's and here I am at 45 having to deal with it.

I've never heard of childbirth causing this, it's just your time. Judging by your hormone levels, you're definitely menopausal. You could try HRT or many of the homeopathic remedies out there for menopausal symptoms. After giving it much thought and having cancer in my family, I decided to just plow through it on my own and I'm managing. HRT only puts off the inevitable, anyway.

Closed Thread