It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User
No period but lots period pain for days

Hi all, I am near 47yrs old.For ages I have had night sweats, usually the day before the period starts.On occassion I have also had lovely hot flushes.My cycle the past 12 months has either been 21days aprt,28 days aprt and today I am now 8 days late.My hubby had a vasectomy 13yrs ago so Im pretty sure I cannot be pregnant.I was 5 days late 2 months ago as well.I have been having period cramps on and off now for over a week and actually thought they were coming early.Is this just how menopause begins?How long should I wait till seeing a doctor?I have been on a steriod nasal spray on and off the past few months and read somewhere it can cause imbalance to hormones and also irregular periods.Any advice ladies??

Old 06-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User
Re: No period but lots period pain for days

I'm 51. Same thing is happening for me. I think it hits some women like this and is normal but I tell ya.. I DONT LIKE IT.. I dont like it at all. Its miserable.
Mine comes complete with sore breasts and that sensation of an over ripe grape thats ready to pop.. I dont know about you but I want some relief. I had always said I was going to let mother nature take her course.. Well, I give.. I dont like this at all. From what I gather every woman has her own discomforts
during her change of life (oh god, can you say change of life these days and be politically correct?) who cares.. all I know is I want these false menstruation pains to go away..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

If you are closer to your annual pap, etc, I'd just talk with the gyno then. If not, then I'd go. They can put you on bcp or start you on HRT as the case may be.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

what is bcp??

I figured HRT is hormone replacement therapy..

Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
(female)

18 days late now still feel periods coming but nothing and yes the sore breasts started after the original post and after a week of them killing me have settled. I went to my doctor she basically says to wait, says too young and not irregualr enough to be menopause yet and recent stress and illnesses, IBS coupled with my previous problems I get in the fallopian tube that this is just nothing to worry over and she assured me I cant be pregnant if the hubby had a vasectomy 10years ago.I actually did a preg test myself as I was told vasectomies can reverse themselves over time. So she isnt sending me for any hormone level test or anything, my last scan was Feb and all was clear, ovaries etc and last pap was Jan all clear.So I sit and wait.Will start myself on a natural chinese herbal menopause ease tonight.I beleive this is indeed menopause beginning no matter what she said and hope i get somthing soon as this is annoying

Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
(female)

bcp is birth control pills,and no i wont be taking them my doctor said do nothing at all, the studies show they dont really help at all apart from making you have a cycle when you take sugar or you skip sugar and get no period at all.Only thing she said was if I get heavy periods alot we could get the mirena or the endometrial ablation to stop them.So as long as its all ok and I am stopping I can handle a week of sore breasts or achen belly and occasional night sweats for now.I dont like to use any medications if I can help it.I do however find it bizzar not to send me for any tests just to check levels but shes the doctor so I just sit and wait lol

Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

My Doctor is a Naturopath .. (I call her my hippie doctor) her stuff is all natural herbal type stuff.. I saw her today and am doing the salvia hormone test to see what I'm lacking in.. I know my stuff is the start of menopause and I've dealt with it for a while until its escalated and now I want some relief. Will let you know how my tests come back and what form of FIXING she does for me...

Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
(female)

i went a naturopath years ago for suspected overain cyst, he put me on expensive things and told me i laked a certain hormone, then after 1 week thought he should do salive test to confirm and turned out my hormones were all normal levels and so treatment was wrong, and the ovarian cysts wasnt a cyst at all it was a fluid filled fallopian tube which eventually popped and near killed me. I still find it bizzar my doctor says, just wait do nothing, surely a test or 2 wouldnt hurt.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
(female)

yay,praise the skies above,lol finally i got the periods just now,i only hope the next month or whenever that i dont have weeks of cramps and other horrid discomfort before they decide to show up

Old 06-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Milly50 HB UserMilly50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betska View Post
Hi all, I am near 47yrs old.For ages I have had night sweats, usually the day before the period starts.On occassion I have also had lovely hot flushes.My cycle the past 12 months has either been 21days aprt,28 days aprt and today I am now 8 days late.My hubby had a vasectomy 13yrs ago so Im pretty sure I cannot be pregnant.I was 5 days late 2 months ago as well.I have been having period cramps on and off now for over a week and actually thought they were coming early.Is this just how menopause begins?How long should I wait till seeing a doctor?I have been on a steriod nasal spray on and off the past few months and read somewhere it can cause imbalance to hormones and also irregular periods.Any advice ladies??
Hi, I am new on here.
I am feeling exactly the same! However, I have now missed an entire period although I have been having cramps and tender breasts etc for the past month. It is not a big problem just an irritant really. I am 49 years old and had always had regular exactly 28 days periods up until about a year or so. Then they became either up to two weeks late or sometimes a few days early, no more neat tidy pattern!

I feel in good health otherwise. What I want to know is how long this is likely to go on? My own mother tells me her periods stopped at age 50. I presume we may be just like our mothers.

Oh one further thing - I do not believe in drugs at all and absolutely not in HRT. No matter how bad my symptoms might be I will take nothing for them. I truly believe in letting nature and the wisdom of the body deal with it. So I ensure to keep my general health good and I stay the hell away from doctors.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Ca.Girl2 HB User

Up Date,

The feeling of a period coming subsided and was gone.. Amazingly enough a few days later guess what showed up??? Yes, a Period! 50 days since my last one.. The joys of Woman Hood.... My mind set is much better right at the moment.. No more flying off the handle at stupid things..

The following user gives a hug of support to Ca.Girl2:
Milly50 (06-14-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
(female)

did you get relief like I did when the periods did show up though? mine were 3 weeks late when they just showed up but i still had all the cramps and pains along with it,then they were flooding for 3 days straight so that was no fun and on top at the same time i caught a sinus/chest infection was blocked up, fever and just sick as could be,what a joy it all is lol

Old 06-15-2012, 02:06 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Milly50 HB UserMilly50 HB User

Just like I feel right now. 39 days over with all the signs and discomforts of an impending period. I feel quite unwell especially at night but am fine when up and busy all day. It's the aches and pains and vague feelings like PMT that get to me. Also my energy levels are down, this is not the normal me, I like feeling active and on top of things. I do hope this does not go on for years - that is not a nice thought!

Old 06-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #14
(female)

more dammed irritation in the wee area is hitting me tonight, i havent got results from urine tests but kinda hope its a uti so i can take an antibiotic and kill it, havent drank much water at all today, bad me am down herbal teas and water like crazy now hope this goes before bed, couldnt handle another uncomfortable night like Thurs night grrrrr

Old 06-16-2012, 05:28 AM   #15
(female)

jenny64 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betska View Post
18 days late now still feel periods coming but nothing and yes the sore breasts started after the original post and after a week of them killing me have settled. I went to my doctor she basically says to wait, says too young and not irregualr enough to be menopause yet and recent stress and illnesses, IBS coupled with my previous problems I get in the fallopian tube that this is just nothing to worry over and she assured me I cant be pregnant if the hubby had a vasectomy 10years ago.I actually did a preg test myself as I was told vasectomies can reverse themselves over time. So she isnt sending me for any hormone level test or anything, my last scan was Feb and all was clear, ovaries etc and last pap was Jan all clear.So I sit and wait.Will start myself on a natural chinese herbal menopause ease tonight.I beleive this is indeed menopause beginning no matter what she said and hope i get somthing soon as this is annoying
I was 18 days late had my period very heavy but now getting back pains and tiredness so hopefully not going to get another soon i have had blood test waiting for results

Closed Thread