It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

azlisa60 HB User
Perimenopause and Vivelle-Dot

I have been going through menapause and my last period was Jan of this year. My doctor put me on vivelle.dot 1mg in April to help me with flashes and other symptoms. Just this past month since I still have my uterus he also put me on MEDROXYPROGESTERONE 2.5 MG TAB daily. Everything was going good and then all of a sudden starting yesterday I started cramping and started bleeding, like I am back on my period. Is this something to be concerned with or what? I read about break through bleeding after menapause but since it has not been 12 months yet of no period do I start all over again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Perimenopause and Vivelle-Dot

Was this in addition to the birth control pills? It isn't supposed to be taken alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

azlisa60 HB User

I only take the progesterone pill and vivelle patch, no birth control.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

So you are takiing both. It read like you weren't taking the other any more. Instead of the two drugs separately, my doctor put me on a two in one - FemHRT - and told me I might have a period for 3 months or so after going on it. I was on bcp at the time. But I never had another one. So it just might be normal. You could call the nurse and ask. But keep in mind that as long as you have your ovaries, you could have a period.

Closed Thread