It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User
Gyno says no way

I went for my yearly girl appointment and she said because I am still having a period every month that there is no way that I am in peri. WTH? I know I'm not hallucinating that I am moody, I have vag dryness, tearful, memory loss, etc. I mean really?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Gyno says no way

I'd find a new gyno!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

It certainly sounds like you are with those symptoms.
From experience my peri periods became less and more infrequent before they stopped altogether.
Perhaps this is what is throwing your Dr. I believe there is a test to see if you are Peri but I never had this myself so cannot relate to it.
Perhaps another Dr would be more helpful. Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Your gyno is looney. You don't have to have irregular periods or skipped periods to be peri-menopause. You might want to think about finding a doctor that is a little more informed. Because if things get really bad and you do need some help with the symptoms, you won't find any help with your current doctor, it that's what he/she truly believes.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

Willow..I had the exact same thing happen to me!! When I went in and told him my symptoms the first this he said was "Are you still having a monthly period?" and I said "yes". He told me in no uncertain terms that there is NO WAY that I am even approaching peri. I politely went to a new Dr that told me that is the "old school" way of thinking and that the reason your hormone test come back normal is because they are not testing all of the hormones involved.
All of that to say..Please go find a new doctor that will test all of your hormones and will help you. I am going tomorrow to see my new Dr and get the results of my blood tests. I am so excited to see what can be done to help me through...
Best of luck to you!!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
(female)

willow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB Userwillow71 HB User

Thank you ladies for your reply. I think you are right! I will go see another!

Old 06-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User

Here's another confirmation! I was in my early forties and still getting periods. A blood test confirmed that I was peri menopausal

Old 06-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

I went to the doctor today..they did not get all of my tests back yet, but my FSH confirmed that I am in perimenopause/menopause and I am still having a period.. The doctor herself told me that her FSH confirmed that she was in menopause 18 months before she stopped having periods.
We are waiting on my testosterone numbers to come back, but my Estrogen and Progesterone are whacked out too (not super bad, but enough to show the changes).
Please go see a new doc...for me just the piece of mind knowing that I am not totally crazy is really nice.

b.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
(female)

celestialkel HB User
Lightbulb Re: Gyno says no way

wow!...this sounds exactly like me right now! I am 44 and for the last several years, I have been having the worst hot flashes! It can be 40 degrees outside, and I am sitting in front of the fan! LOL! But, for the last 2 years, I have also noticed mood changes, crying spells, weight gain ( even though I hardly eat anything ), and just so many changes in my body. I am convinced that I am in perimenopause even though my hormone levels say otherwise. I have had a Mirena IUD for four years now, but my doctor said that he would put me on low dose pills as well to try to straighten out the symptoms. You defenitely need a new GYN it sounds like!!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User

hmmm hello ladies, well i went yesterday to my doctor and told same thing, no need to test anything as im a bit young for menopause even though i currently have no period and am 18days late, she looked at my previous 8months of 21 days apart to 32 days apart where they would be 11days long, flooding at times or 4 days long,sore breasts from hell, night sweats every month for about 3 days, forgetfulness,etc etc i was sent home told, this is all ok just wait, no tests what soever not even blood pressure.Me hubby had the V op so I cant be pregnant which even so I checked for myself at home incase by some miracle i was, more like disaster then miracles it would be...I am thinking to go another doctor and see what they say but she is my new doctor and been really good so far...so far I wait lol

Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User

Wow...You need to find a new doctor. Wonder what she would say about me......normal periods and then nothing for nearly 7 months with blood work confirming menopausal.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Betska..I went to 4 different doctors before I went in to see my newest doc. They all said the same thing, until yesterday!! I am so grateful! This doctor was amazing and was really insightful because she herself has gone through the same thing!
You need to look for a doctor that works with bio-identical hormones..they seem to be more up on this.

Good Luck to you!
b

Closed Thread