It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
(female)

Betska HB UserBetska HB UserBetska HB User
Cool whats FSH?

can you ladies explain some of the abbreviations you are posting, whats FSH levels and can I go and just ask to be tested even if my doctor reckons I dont need the hormones tested as I cant be menopausal yet,Im 47 in 4 weeks I am sure thats not that young to have began, you can see other posts about me and right now is 18days late for first time, latest ever been this past year is 7 days.Also do you all still feel the period cramps even though theres no bleed?2 weeks straight of period cramp and sore breasts.I get IBS too so it can be hard to know what kinda pain is what, p[lus adhesions in there cause hell.Oh boy the joys of it all lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Re: whats FSH?

"FSH"--Follicle-stimulating Hormone

FSH may be ordered when a woman's menstrual cycle has stopped or become irregular, to determine if the woman is entering menopause.

You need to see a new doctor if he insists that you can't be menopausal yet. I'm 45 and menopausal. It's going on about 7 months with no period and yes, I too have had times when I "felt" my period was coming, and nothing happened.

"The joys of it all" about sums it all up....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #3
(female)

well the wait is over and they decided to show up,and boy do I feel crap lol I actually cheered seeing the blood today but now wish they werent here as i feel worse,anyway will seriously ask around about good doctors here for somone whos into testing for menopause regarless of age, have a womens health clinic down the street might b a start

Old 06-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Any gyno should be willing to do that. You should be tested just before the start of your period. Above 35 or so - depends on the doctor - means you are starting. If oyu aren't already on bitrh control pills, that could help. Talk with your gyno about it.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
(female)

havent took the pill for over 20years and I dont plan on putting that back in body ever again i had to be taken off the pill when i was young because of all the bad side effects it caused me severe blinding migraines was one of them,I have done alot of reading about women using the pill for the periods,menopause etc and they say it really doesnt actually help at all, but have found certain supplemnts and natural herbs etc can help,so I will go down the natural side for now,I have other history that prevents me using the pill so the hubby had a vasectomy after our last child was born 14years ago.Anyway ty all for help and advice.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sorry bcp didn't work for you. It doesn't for all but I never had any problems on them and haven't on HRT either. It's a life saver for me!

Closed Thread