It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

ct12345 HB User
Menopause and periods

So I went to the dr. yesterday, and she had run numerous tests on me. She told me I am in full menopause. She told me my pap smear was good. And she told me that I shouldn't be having periods anymore. But my periods have never stopped. They stopped in December 2011 and started back up in February of 2012 with a vengence I might add and I have had one ever since, monthly. Except in May it stopped again and then I got it a few days ago (June) and its another pretty bad one complete with clots. So what the heck is going on here? I go to the health dept. and she told me as far as any further exploration such as a pelvic ultrasound, Im on my own to pay. But of course I have no money. So should I just wait and hope someday I get rid of my periods. My sister had uterine cancer, but she was PROFUSELY bleeding. And not in menopause yet. I am 54. She has no real suggestions except to get a pelvic ultrasound, and I can't pay for it. sorry for the grossness.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Menopause and periods

If you went on HRT or bcp that might help. HRT would probably stop them altogether and bcp would get you regular until your body pretty much give sup on - which is what happened to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread