It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Linma2428 HB User
how old menopause

I am 56 years old still having periods every month. I had my blood checked 2 years ago and doctor said levels were great. Had them rechecked this past February and he says they have changed now was 34 I think. Still I am having a period. When do periods quit what kind of levels does blood have to be to finally quit. I feel crazy sometimes with depression and then pain with the actual period just seems this is odd no one else I know in my age group and some much younger are still having periods.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: how old menopause

Well, there's no way to know when they will stop. Most doctors say around a 35 or 36 FSH level is menopausal. Have you discussed treatments for your symptoms with your gyno? Mine adjusted my borth control pills. At about age 57 i could tell my body wasn't wanting to have the period the bcp forced it to have. In fact, I skipped a couple even on the pill. So I was switched to HRT and haven't had another period since. And all symptoms have been gone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: how old menopause

I had the same problem with menopause. All of my friends my age were through and I was going strong. My doctor told me some women just take longer and not to worry. (tests were all fine) Finally at 57 years old I just stopped having periods. None of the stopping and starting again. When they stopped, they stopped for good.

Closed Thread