It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
(female)

God girl HB User
Virginal Hystorectomy and A & P repair surgery

I am 5 days post op from having a virginal hystorectomy and A & P repair. I feel that my Dr. who is an OBGYN is very knowledgeable in this surgery and has made me feel compleely cared for and taken care of. I came out of surgery with a pain pump with Dimeral, as well as a spinal block that lasted the first 24 hours ( it was a caudel I believe) I was in the hospitla from Tuesday till THursday evenin. I came home with a suprapubic catherda. I have still not urinated on my own and the worst episode of pain was on day 2 when I woke up at 1 am in sever pain from my bladder being very full of urine. I was instructed to block cath off for 4 hours then try to void if not able to void then release cath. My Dr told me during this episode to not block it off while sleeping . so I still have not voided on my own. I am getting up and down relatively good. I have however develeped a low grade fever and I think I may have a UTI, ( I have previous kidney issues) I also was given a suposortory for pain every 12 hours and I finished those up tonight. I am still taking the pain meds by mouth that I was sent home with which is 2mg Diladid. I welcome any others advise or input about their personal experiences with this type surgery.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
(female)

God girl HB User
Re: Virginal Hystorectomy and A & P repair surgery

Today is day 9 post op. and bladder training starts all over again, previously I am unable to urinate due to exteme pain. My doc has had me to go 2 days with suprapubic cath open. and restart bladder training today at noon. so far I have been able to urinate only 50 ml, after the first hour and about 100 ml after the second. I had to stop and then I restarted last hour and was only able to urinate about 30ml . This is super frustrating and I am tired of having this cath. I have obligations that I took on and thought 2 weeks out I would be much better than I am. I know its a slow go to recover and I must take the time to do so but I really thought the cath would be gone by now any ideas or input are welcome plz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
(female)

God girl HB User
Unhappy Re: Virginal Hystorectomy and A & P repair surgery

just checking to see if these post are even being read...? is anyone out there?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User
Re: Virginal Hystorectomy and A & P repair surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by God girl View Post
Today is day 9 post op. and bladder training starts all over again, previously I am unable to urinate due to exteme pain. My doc has had me to go 2 days with suprapubic cath open. and restart bladder training today at noon. so far I have been able to urinate only 50 ml, after the first hour and about 100 ml after the second. I had to stop and then I restarted last hour and was only able to urinate about 30ml . This is super frustrating and I am tired of having this cath. I have obligations that I took on and thought 2 weeks out I would be much better than I am. I know its a slow go to recover and I must take the time to do so but I really thought the cath would be gone by now any ideas or input are welcome plz
I know this is kinda late and I hope you are all better now sorry no one answered your posts i haven't been on here for a long time and have just been catching up..let me know how things went for you...

Closed Thread