It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

lalo59 HB User
this is so weird

I'm new here and would like your opinion and ask if anyone has experienced these odd symptoms. I am 52, not a chance I could be pregnant. My periods have been regular, though last year I missed one but I blamed extreme stress for missing one month. A few years ago I had an internal US which revealed a fibroid (I had complained to the ob-gyn about increasingly severe premenstrual cramps). Always had periods with clots; she blamed all this on the fibroids (can't remember if I have just one or more than one).
She gave me the option of living with it, take birth control pills or have some type of "minor" procedure. I chose to do nothing about it and live with it.

Ok, this month my period is over 3 weeks late, but it's more than that, it's plain weird, lol.... Weeks ago I had very sensitive nipples and it lasted at least 3 days. This "sore nipples" thing happened a couple of times over the past year or so, it wasn't something totally new. Three days after my period was due, I went "digging" (sorry for the graphical language), and all I had was a tiny bit of pale-looking blood mixed with some mucus. The next day the same thing, but just once. When Iwent to check again, no blood was present. A couple of days later again a tiny bit, just once and it went away. Throughout all of this, I've been having pelvic discomfort just as if I'm about to start menstruating, but nothing happens. Sometimes the pain is more promounced on oneside, but overall it feels like my pelvis is congested, that I could start any minute. When the cramping gets more intense, all I see is a very small amount of clear discharge. It looks like egg white, does not smell, but it is very stringy, kinda like what you'd see at ovulation.
As I said, I have at least one fibroid; there is a family history of fibroids. I mentioned some of this to my GP but she did not seem impressed. I am tired of it all, have a good mind to have a hysterectomy.
Oh, nearly forgot... the ob-gyn told me I also have a grade 2 cystocele and rectocele; great, it's all falling out! Wondering if because of the cystocele and rectocele I may also have uterine prolapse?
Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: this is so weird

It sounds like you are in early menopause, which involves missed periods, late periods, spotting instead of bleeding, and the cramping is likely out of proportion to the amount of bleeding because of the fibroids. The good news is that this will all settle down in time, and once your periods stop altogether, the fibroids will shrink some and probably not cause trouble. Hang in there. It will get better. The uterus if prolapsed, can cause the cytocele and rectocele, but those don't need fixed unless incontinence or constipation is severe.

Last edited by ladybud; 06-26-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: forgot something

Old 06-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
(female)

lalo59 HB User
Re: this is so weird

Thank you so much, slkanowitz - and you're absolutely right about the fibroid(s)shrinking; that's exactly what the ob-gyn said. But what's the deal with the "sticking out, sensitive nipples"? Do you think it's the fibroid playing tricks with the hormones? Oh, I am a depressed too, and I'm noticing a lot more hair on the hairbrush (now, I did read about losing more hair as you start menopause)... oh, joy
Thank you!

Closed Thread