It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

annao HB User
Bleeding after 15 months no period:/

Hi there :
I had my last "full blown" period in April , 2011 - nothing major other than cramps in the last year , expecting a period and nothing happening. Went for annual checkup in November , and mentioned all this to doctor. She said it was probably time to start counting. She didn't suggest hormonal testing to see where I was. So... by April , 2012 I was 1 yr. without periods. Well.. on Monday , I felt horrible, cranky, crampy and noticed some spotting. It continued into Tues so I called doctor since I wasn't sure if it would be considered a problem since its only a bit past a year. She has suggested ultrasound first and then depending on those results maybe a endo biopsy. I did have mild endo hyperplasia about 2 yrs ago that resulted in heavy periods that was successfully treated w/ progesterone therapy. Has anyone had anything similar? I'm wondering if this is all coming back or if it is indeed a period?? Thanks for reading!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User
Re: Bleeding after 15 months no period:/

I have had a spotting period with progesterone treatment after menopause. I also had a period come after menopause from steroid injections. So if you are on any steroids or supplementing with progesterone it can bring on a period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
(female)

annao HB User

Ok thanks so much for the info. The progesterone treatment was about 2 yrs ago at this point. I did however have a shot of cortisone in my foot for pain maybe thats what brought it on?? Hopefully it won't last too long .. I've gotten quite used to not dealing with this!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
(female)

annao HB User

well... that seems to have been a regular periond - 6 days , lighter at the end and then stopped. Wondering if I should still have ultrasound / biopsy done since it has all stopped. Has anyone had this happen and .. what did you do? Thanks so much!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

sawa108 HB Usersawa108 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by annao View Post
well... that seems to have been a regular periond - 6 days , lighter at the end and then stopped. Wondering if I should still have ultrasound / biopsy done since it has all stopped. Has anyone had this happen and .. what did you do? Thanks so much!
I did have the ultrasound done and nothing was wrong so it was just a waste of time and money.

The Following User Says Thank You to sawa108 For This Useful Post:
annao (07-21-2012)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

As long as you have your ovaries you can still have a period - theoretically. You could go get checked to ease your mind.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
(female)

annao HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawa108 View Post
I did have the ultrasound done and nothing was wrong so it was just a waste of time and money.
Thanks for your response! I'm thinking I will just wait a bit - maybe see if I get another period next month.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #8
(female)

annao HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
As long as you have your ovaries you can still have a period - theoretically. You could go get checked to ease your mind.
Thank you for your response! I will wait and see what happens next month-have been under lots of stress lately, maybe thats not helping?!? I just DREAD those pelvic ultrasounds but certainly don't want to let anything go!
PS : My DH swears that I had this happen around the holidays so maybe I wasn't as long as I thought without a period - I guess that I should write those things down!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #9
(female)

jw90 HB Userjw90 HB Userjw90 HB User

Hi Sawa108
I'm 67 and I'm on compounded HRT and have been having some spotting had and vaginal ultrasound yesterday and the endometrial stripe is 4 within normal range..the radiologist that read it says it looks like there might be a small fibroid about 1.2 cm but could not be sure..about once a year I have this type of spotting and usually its from the hrt the lining builds up a little and the progesterone will cause some bleeding ..would love to see on this board if other who are HRT have this problem also..will see the OBGYN on aug 7..I'm not worried because they said if after they review the ultrasound if it was any thing serious she would call and I did not get a phone call...

Closed Thread