It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Menopause Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
(female)

ellasmum HB User
Smile Is this Perimenopause.?

Hi Everyone
Im knew to this forum and have some questions if you kind people dont mind answering for me..?

Im just wondering if i may be entering/entered perimenopause, I will be 42 next month and my biggest worry at the moment is my periods. I have always been as regular as clockwork and had a 4-5 day flow with around the 3rd day being the heaviest with clots, but around 4months ago my cycle has completly changed and it is really worrying me, it started with my period arriving 6days early, but it was what i would class as a normal period not that heavy just steady away for 4-5days, next month my period arrived on time but was very very heavy, month after my period was on time and was fairly light i thought after day 2 it had stopped but it went on for 8-9 days and was just bits here and there when i wiped, now this months period has totaly thrown me of course all together, i had a little bit of browny pink discharge with stomach cramps around 1 week before my period was due and just thought it was arriving early again but then nothing for 5days, then around the time my period was due for about 4 days i got what i thought was my period starting the same discharge once or twice a day when i wiped for around 4 days then nothing at all for 2days, so i just thought maybe that was my period, but then my period started properly and was fairly normal for the first few days, then it kind off tapers off as if it is stopping then suddenly i will get a rush of bright red blood then goes to nothing again just very pale pink as if it is stopping, im now into day 9 of my period and its just bits here and there. Iv done a lot of reading these last few months regarding perimenopause and i seem to fit a lot of the physical changes, a lot of the symptoms i have had on and off for years ie.. mood swings, irritability, very tender breasts all symptoms i would associate with PMT other symptoms iv read regarding heartburn, indigestion, weight gain and disturbed sleep pattern have been happening over the past year, but i dont suffer from hot flash's or vaginal dryness wich seem to be two of the major symptoms, it is all so confusing and worrying. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you ladies...? unfortunatly my mother died at the age of 50 15yrs ago so i dont have someone to turn to for advice, and most of my friends my age or a few years younger dont seem to be suffering from any symptoms.

Thanks for reading

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
(female)

ellasmum HB User
Re: Is this Perimenopause.?

I would really appreciate a reply from any woman who have any experience of peri/menopause.

Thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

lynda213 HB User

Hello Ellasmum,

I too have been going through many of the same symptoms you have been going through which is horrible, I don't even remember the last time I slept all night long due to that I have to go pee, or just wake up and can't get back to sleep again for hours. Even last night I was in bed watching tv, and I got up to go take a pee and I felt so dizzy, this really suck, and I get cramps and all with no period, so far I missed my period for about 50 days now, and I just hope this is it and there won't be any more, but I don't think I will get that lucky. Well hope this helps and to let you know you are not alone. Take Care!

Lynda

The Following User Says Thank You to lynda213 For This Useful Post:
ellasmum (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
(female)

ellasmum HB User

Hi Lynda

Thanks for the reply I was beginning to think I was the only one going through this, a lot of the physical symptoms iv been getting on and off for a few years but never associated them with perimenopause I just put it all down to PMT, untill my monthly cycle changed and then did a little research on the net and to be honest I had never heard of perimenopause untill then. Its reassuring to know that other woman are going through a similar thing, I also have to get up through the night at least twice to pee. Being a woman sucks with all we have to go through.

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated

Old 07-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

I have been questioning if I am going through this perimenopause thing as well. I am only 37, but sheesh...I get the hot flashes even while doing no activity...get the cold night sweats a few times a week, get anxious, feel so moody and have irregular periods. Seriously some days I get so moody and down that I feel so Unhappy with life and then the next moment I am so happy. Good grief. Hang in there ....and I will too~!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

HI..Just wanted to say that I totally understand what you are going through, it sounds like me. I don't have hot flashes or night sweats either. I don't really have vaginal dryness either, so I was really frustrated thinking that I was not even close to perimenopause. Well, I had my hormones checked (finally found a doc that would do it after a few others would not to it because I was still having a period) and we found out that I high FSH (which indicates menopause) and I have above average Estrogen (probably why I don't have the Hot Flashes/Night Sweats ect)
Anyway, just to say that you are not alone and if you can get your hormones checked...
Take Care!
b

Old 07-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #7
(female)

ellasmum HB User

Hi mommaoftwinsplus1

From what i have read you may well be, they say the perimenopause stage can last anywhere from a few months up to 15yrs before actually reaching menopause, so it is highly likely that you may well have entered the perimenopause stage.

Take care

Old 07-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
(female)

irishangel HB User

I'm 46 and these symptoms are just hitting me now. I always had regular no big deal short periods. Ever since turning 44 it all has changed. I started getting irregular periods...sometimes twice a month that went on for days. In april i had a period that lasted for 20 days, stopped and returned 3 days later! My ob/gyn said "yep...perimenopause...this will only get worse." I had her "install" mirena iud. Had some spotting etc for the first three months but now I have no periods at all, no side effects (except my hair grows like insanely fast), I dont have to worry about pms or periods or pregnancy so I love it. In addition to that...my hot flashes have stopped. I'm not sure if it's related or not but my menopause symptoms have vanished. May be worthwhile considering if you are through having children.

The Following User Says Thank You to irishangel For This Useful Post:
ellasmum (07-30-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
(female)

Funmomto4 HB User

Hello!
Thank you so much for posting this. I was googling perimenopause at my age, 43, and found this post.
My symptoms are similar to yours. I just got my period 2 weeks early after being super regular/on time. My last period was July 21st and lasted about 7-9 days when I have always been a 3-5 day kind of girl.
My other symptoms are more frequent headaches, waking up frequently (like each time I change positions) and then having a hard time falling asleep again. I get up to pee up to 3 times a night. I feel the need to nap in the afternoon almost everyday, but I can't due to having kids! Haha. I don't have hot flashes or night sweats or vaginal dryness but I did notice that I haven't ovulated. I have always been able to feel ovulation happening (not fun!) I have a tubal ligation for almost 6 years now, so no worries about pregnancy.

I made an appt. for next Tuesday with my gyn and Friday I am seeing my medical doctor to test my hormone levels as well as my thyroid. I am praying for answers!

Closed Thread